weird e-mail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I just received a weird e-mail that was subject, comment about your ad at scubaboard. I had recently put an ad up in the market place, anyway, this e-mail was one of the my dying husband said his put 10 million in a bank in the US please help me scams.

What's up with this?

See I told you the old gear exchange was better.

Wendy:
I just received a weird e-mail that was subject, comment about your ad at scubaboard. I had recently put an ad up in the market place, anyway, this e-mail was one of the my dying husband said his put 10 million in a bank in the US please help me scams.

What's up with this?

See I told you the old gear exchange was better.
It's a scam. I've had these before. If you left your email address as a contact, anyone can acess it. They offer to pay what you're asking if you cash a huge check that their "agent" will send. Sometimes it's entertaining to string them along for awhile.....

Snowbear:
It's a scam. I've had these before. If you left your email address as a contact, anyone can acess it. They offer to pay what you're asking if you cash a huge check that their "agent" will send. Sometimes it's entertaining to string them along for awhile.....

my e-mail is not listed. i think they clicked the make a comment button on the ad. do you not have to be a scubaboard user to access this new marketplace?

Odd, I will checkout the system to be sure it can't be exploited in any way.

wendy take it from someone sees these all the time more customers bring in pops up stop responding , weired emails , any way run two programs one is spybot other is called cwshredder and see what they find on your sysytem you would be suprised!!another good program is called adware

While you are certainly right about evil spyware medic13, in this case someone did sit infront of a computer and spend an hour or two going through every ad and trying to maliciously spam users. Last night I switched us back to the old forum based classifieds so that shouldn't be an issue any more,

I got the same email. Poor woman in Ivory Coast, her billionaire husband had been poisoned and she couldn't trust anyone to help her get the money. Wanted me to open a bank account so she could wire me the $10 million he had; I'd get 20% for my trouble. Yeah, right!
I, too, just posted an ad in the Scubaboard classifieds.
Hmmm...$2 million, that would buy a nice dive vacation!

i never got the point of those mails. what do they get from it? i mean so what if someone knows your bank account number?

spam just suxx.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom