Weighting system and lift for cold water compatible BP/W.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive single tank, drysuit and BP/W. 30# isn't enough to float my rig by itself given my weight distribution. At least not during winter. There's just so much weight I'm willing to carry on my belt, the rest goes on my rig. Which then becomes rather negative, especially during winter.
Wuss. :)

It is a compromise. I dislike too heavy a belt but I am not at all a fan of random patches of weight. While I am not overly concerned with streamlining I discovered that a big wing with a single was a mistake.

received my BP/W thank you everybody for your help :cheers:
image8.jpeg image6.jpeg

So they made you a right-hand inflator to go with the right hand dump? Nice.

Have you figured out what you are going to do with the SPG? The right shoulder D-ring is going to get crowded between the inflator and a torch. Maybe clip it to one of the left side shoulder d-ring with a retractor? If you tie off the retractor the right way, you should be able to read it when you push it out with your left arm. If not, it's an easy reach with your right hand (unlike the left hip d-ring).

So they made you a right-hand inflator to go with the right hand dump? Nice.

Have you figured out what you are going to do with the SPG? The right shoulder D-ring is going to get crowded between the inflator and a torch. Maybe clip it to one of the left side shoulder d-ring with a retractor? If you tie off the retractor the right way, you should be able to read it when you push it out with your left arm. If not, it's an easy reach with your right hand (unlike the left hip d-ring).
To be exact, they have a wing design that is symmetrical through the donut plane. So I’m able to flip the wing in order to have both the opv and inflator on the right side without extra cost or loss of functionality.

Right now my spg is on the classical left hip configuration and it works surprisingly well. Most of the time I can read it without doing anything and if need be I can orientate it using my left arm, no problem. I might fiddle with this a bit more later but right now I want to sort out my safe second hose configuration.

The short hose/necklace is working but as you said, right side gets crowded so I’m thinking about trying to see if it is better to rout it left (still short, necklace). I’m thinking that it would even put my hose distribution, un-clutter the right side and that the chances of losing it are low since it will be on a necklace. (But I need another safe second to try).

Here is where I currently stand with my personal configuration. Still fine tuning but it’s definitely part of the fun for me

Back
Top Bottom