Weight plates for bottom of Al tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I was discussing my trim issues with my new Al80's with NW Grateful Diver yesterday. He suggested a weight plate that goes inside the boot at the bottom of the tank. He couldn't remember where they were available, and I can't figure out a search parameter that will find it. Anybody remember where they were discussed?

TSandM:
I was discussing my trim issues with my new Al80's with NW Grateful Diver yesterday. He suggested a weight plate that goes inside the boot at the bottom of the tank. He couldn't remember where they were available, and I can't figure out a search parameter that will find it. Anybody remember where they were discussed?

Divers Supply?
Divers Discount?

I think they were shaped more like a ring than a plate. Depending on the weight needed you could buy sheet-lead at place like HomeDepot, fold it over and drop that into the boot. Assuming it did not cause the boot to become too heavy and fall off the tank it might serve the purpose. An added advantage is it will look like crap so noone will steal it :05:

Thank you, Mr. Burke -- Bob was right, somebody on Scubaboard WOULD know.

there's a guy on ebay marketing them as well from florida. myself and diverbuoy have a couple on order. he seems to be a little flakey though. and it seems he's not even running the listing this week. don't know whats happening with him. anyway, DI as referenced above, also runs a listing on ebay. might save a few bucks. here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dive-Innovation...ryZ16053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Make sure your not throwing gear at a skill issue. Not to question your diving, but its something I ask my self about every gear purchase.

Jim, a very good point, but this is something that's come up with the new tanks I was given. I didn't have this problem with the steel tanks I was diving before. I have to carry a ton of weight with these tanks, and I'm just trying to figure out how to distribute it in order to get my trim right.

The idea of putting a tank weight right above the boot is a good one -- that'll let me test whether putting weight at the butt end of the tank will help or hinder. Thanks.

Wouldn't a normal weight belt do about the same thing with regards to trim?

Most people who need to carry a pile of lead around usualy are trying to move it UP on there boddies off a weight belt. Useing things like weighted STA's and channel weights. It appears that you are trying to move weight from a weight belt into an unstable place on the top of your tank.

I don't have much experince helping women trim out and your mentors are topnoch guys, so I'll leave it at that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom