Weekly Dive-Nov 10th, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Our dive this week will be at Nicholas Canyon. We will meet at 8:00am, by the picnic tables.

Here are the directions:

Directions- From the south, take PCH north past El Matador, La Piedra and El Pescador. You will find Nicholas Canyon, the next public beach on the left. It is about 1 1/2 miles north of Decker Canyon Rd, and 1 mile south of Mulholland & Leo Carrillo. There are no signs just a beach access sign before you get there.

This is a day pay use area-Sat's are $2 all day.

Please respond in this tread, as well as, in the BC's Callender.

Thank you,
Rick

Oh no, a Beach Crabs dive on the same day as a Wrinkles dive. I am so conflicted!
OK, I'm not all that conflicted. Although I am a wannabe Crab, perhaps I dare say a provisional Crab, I have made my plans and paid for the trip to Catalina for the Wrinkles dive. In this case, money talks. Besides I love the dive park!
Sorry I won't be there, I will miss you guys!

Oh no, a Beach Crabs dive on the same day as a Wrinkles dive. I am so conflicted!
OK, I'm not all that conflicted. Although I am a wannabe Crab, perhaps I dare say a provisional Crab, I have made my plans and paid for the trip to Catalina for the Wrinkles dive. In this case, money talks. Besides I love the dive park!
Sorry I won't be there, I will miss you guys!

If I had the time, I would go to Catalina, as well. Make sure you represent The BC's well:D If I knew you were going I would have let you take the Banner to display:wink:

Rick

It's not only a Wrinkles dive but Reef Check is doing a survey there that weekend.

John

looking forwards to diving with all the crabs for the first time. it's also my first beach dive, got some questions kind of bugging me -- i read somewhere else that you need to have a buddy before going to the beach, is that true?

by the way, how many tanks I should rent for the dive? thanks a lot.

i read somewhere else that you need to have a buddy before going to the beach, is that true?
by the way, how many tanks I should rent for the dive? thanks a lot.

Hi Marvin,

Yes, it is always safe to dive with a buddy. At our dives there is always someone to dive with. We usually do 1 dive, and when the conditions are excellent, we do 2. The picnic/dives we schedule are usually 2-3 dives, as they are an all day event. The weekend dives are just morning events.
I look forward to meeting you, and diving together.

Rick

Hi there,

I just might have to come out and meet you guys. Been dry for 3 weeks now and my biggest problem is I'm a new diver and don't know any other divers and need people to dive with. As long as ya don't mind the 10 dive newbie I'd love to come.

Just curious, do you guys ever do any beach dives farther south like Laguna? I keep thinking about trying to hook up with you guys but till now haven't been desperate enough to think about driving 2 hours each way to dive (I live in Riverside).

-Nick

Hey Rick I am off to play in the sand for the weekend so I will see you Tuesday... Ya all have a good safe dive

Rick I will have all of your "stuff" on tuesday.

Here is a shot of my weekend ride!

Attachments

• Doug_s Roost.jpg
    Doug_s Roost.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 96
my biggest problem is I'm a new diver and don't know any other divers and need people to dive with. As long as ya don't mind the 10 dive newbie I'd love to come.

-Nick

i only have 9 in my log book. :popcorn:

M.gong and Nikolai you guys have come to the right place... Rick and the other crabs will take care of you. This is what the beach crabs is all about!

Back
Top Bottom