Weekend Diving Plans 26-27 Feb 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When all else fails, there's always pool diving :wink:.

One of these weeks ill make it back to the cold water after the Caymans.

When is it supposed to turn? I have Lobos reservations for Saturday.

Looks like Mike and Kristina came down with the same bug I have... I'm hoping to rid it by the end of this weekend, so I can be back in the water the following weekend...

Small tickle in my throat, followed by lot's of drainage and occasional ache of the body...

Mine was a fake illness, MikeG, after hearing reports of 60' viz at Lobos I didn't want to work.
Wound up working OT too.
Ah well, got my fins wet today before the storm AND get this...saw a monkeyfaced eel at Macabee today. I stopped to pick up trash, a white plastic spoon, and as I was reaching down towards this crevice saw him, plain as day, and I know for a fact my fish ID is correct, I spent some time looking at those pictures in a previous posting to try and see if I could stare at it long enough that it became cute.
I reached out my hand and saw it and immediately withdrew my hand, grabbed my light and motioned to my buddy. He looked a little exasperated that I needed light to pick up a white plastic spoon, then he saw it. I waited for the surge to push the spoon away from the eel grabbed it and one other and made our way back in to shore. Picked up a golfball, a placemat, monster energy drink can, lighter, plastic spoons, snorkel, an orange crayon, an orange ball that looked like a lacrosse ball, a couple other beer cans, just on those 2 dives. Looks like Macabee is due for a cleanup.

Kristina,

Kudos to you for your efforts on the cleanup of our underwater beaches... There should be a sign that scares stupid people who dump into our waters trash, some type of warning sign:

1 year in Prison for messing with the Otters!!!

Throwing trash in the bay, is messing with Otters...

Kristina,

Kudos to you for your efforts on the cleanup of our underwater beaches... There should be a sign that scares stupid people who dump into our waters trash, some type of warning sign:

1 year in Prison for messing with the Otters!!!

Throwing trash in the bay, is messing with Otters...

I expect this was more due to sewer outflow. The last time I dove McAbee, a month or two back, it was reasonably clean (and my regular dive buddies and I pick up trash).

Guy

Yeah, there was a lot of crap floating around. Couldn't believe my buddy found a crisp white placemat or cloth napkin (not sure which, didn't inspect that well).
Did find an old length of very heavy chain out there, couldn't see an anchor it would have been attached to, all crusted pink and purple, it was pretty, almost couldn't tell it was chain but for the very clear links. Guy, have you ever seen it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom