Weekend Dive Reports - March 7th, 8th and 9th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here you go Sarah, this first one was on March 7 at Point Lobos with Mobeeno. Did a dive at Ganite Point, and the second was ??? but it had alot of lingcod with eggs all over there place. I counted at least about 10 or 12.

And Saturday I went to Lover's Point with my friend Jack and Calidivers and worked on macro shots.

Anyways, most of the pictures are just records, but nice to take them. Thinking of getting rid of the camera because I can't seem to get a wide angle lense on my housing. :(

I was also on the Channel Island trip completing my AOW dives. Here is a link that photographically documents the trip, including details on each of my dive profiles and GPS tracks: Sierra14ers : photos : Channel Islands California March 2008- powered by SmugMug

This was my second weekend of open water diving. I'd seen pictures of Nudibranchs but didn't really expect to see one. Surprisingly I got this shot on my first dive near Smugglers Cove, Santa Cruz Island.

Attachments

• nudi 1000x750.jpg
    nudi 1000x750.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 23
Nice shots Greg! Hope to see you in the water again sometime soon.

Very nice shot! I enjoyed the topside photos just as much as the underwater. I love the excitement the night when you board the boat. Always so fun.

Very nice shot! I bet you saw plenty of nudibranchs on that trip. :wink:

Looks like a great trip. I noticed the pink tape on your tank. I still have tape on one of my tanks from assisting Bob with classes off the Vision in Dec. :D

Nice video Greg. The kelp garden looked like the south Anacapa spot close in by Cat Rock that they called Channels. The other one, with the down-sloping anchor line looked like Coral Reef. Those were great dives!

Any diving plans for this Saturday?

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for good vis on the NCoast this weekend given the steady moderate swell following last week, but one never knows, do one? Monterey might offer better prospects. Me, I'm going to Cozumel Thursday for a week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom