1st Timer Trip Report - March 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That fish is a Bluespotted Coronet Fish. The definitive feature is the long filiment behind the tail. They are very shy, but very cool and rare - especially at that size. One of my favorites.

"fancy beer guy..."

I'll (Green Flash) dive (Bells 2-hearted) with (Dogfish Head 60 min) you.

Love your cornetfish! We have done a lot of diving on Bonaire and only seen them twice. This being one of our top 3 fish, we're looking for them every dive.The first was at the Bachelors Beach site/85 ft and looked just like yours, awesome, but was closer to 6 ft. The second was on Bari at about 40 ft under rather conditions of poor vis and low light. Only 3-4 ft long and no colors evident. ID'd from photos by the tail structure.

Like the bluespotted cornetfish as well. Didn't realize they were in the Caribbean. Had seen them in the Indo-Pacific. Humann & Deloach list them as occasional in the southern Carribbean.

This one was at Invisibles, around 20ft depth. It looked much bigger in person...

1554072516629-16592083.jpg

Attachments

• 1554072521111-1523131900.jpg
    1554072521111-1523131900.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 230
Thank you for the recap and congrats on the engagement. I am heading to bonaire in 10 days ! Will definitely use some of your suggestions.

Congrats on the engagement and thanks for the write up. It helped me pick a couple of places to eat.

Thanks for sharing your trip report. My wife and I are heading there next week and appreciate all of the recommendations and reviews on this site.
Congratulations on your engagement.

Back
Top Bottom