Weekday Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baitedstorm:
Almost everyone I know runs all week along providing there's enough divers to justify a trip. If you want to come up to Jupiter, I'd be glad to show you around the reef out on the Temptation.

I am passing through Jupiter (never dove the area) on my way to the Keys. I am booked to dive there Fri on Blue Tang. At this point I have been considereing getting gone a little earlier from here (NC) and getting in Wed night, so I can dive on Thur in the Jupiter area too. I did see on their website where Jupiter Dive Charters has (at least as of last night) openings left for Thur. So at this point I am pretty much decided to go with you guys! Do you DM on the Temptation?

Only catch is, the hotel I booked for Th night, is booked solid for Wed night. Need to find one, reasonable if possible. Any ideas?

OCDinNC:
I am passing through Jupiter (never dove the area) on my way to the Keys. I am booked to dive there Fri on Blue Tang. At this point I have been considereing getting gone a little earlier from here (NC) and getting in Wed night, so I can dive on Thur in the Jupiter area too. I did see on their website where Jupiter Dive Charters has (at least as of last night) openings left for Thur. So at this point I am pretty much decided to go with you guys! Do you DM on the Temptation?

Only catch is, the hotel I booked for Th night, is booked solid for Wed night. Need to find one, reasonable if possible. Any ideas?

I don't DM on the Temptation, but I would if they ever needed one. I'll have to look and see if I can swing that dive or not, but either way your welcome to come stay here if you need a place to hang for a night or two. God knows we have plenty of room.

Does JDC have a dive shop? Or just the charter op? Tried to call to book, and got a machine. Obviously, they're on the water at this time of day...

It's really nice of you to offer. I don't mind at all getting a hotel room; was just looking for something not exorbitantly priced. After I leave Jupiter I am doing 2 days in Marathon, then 3 days out of Tavernier, then heading up the west coast and joining a group from Bermuda Triangle out of Greenville, SC, where I spend a lot of money (!), in Crystal River, Rainbow River, Ginnie, etc, for that Fri, Sat, Sun. So it's a sure bet that I need to hold down the hotel bills... Found Best Wester Palm Beach Lakes on hotels.com for $106; that's about the cheapest I can find.

OCDinNC:
Does JDC have a dive shop? Or just the charter op? Tried to call to book, and got a machine. ...
Sounds like a great trip!

The shop for Temptation is Scuba Works. You can call them at 800-908-3483. Or you can book online at the Jupiter Dive Charters website.

BTW, you meet at Scuba Works and bus over to the boat due to the parking being restricted at the marina where Temptation docks, so you'll want to get directions to the shop, not the boat.

There's lots of local hotels much cheaper than that in Jupiter. I'll find you the number to a couple tomorrow. Hey Diver Doh, how much was the one you stayed at?

baitedstorm:
There's lots of local hotels much cheaper than that in Jupiter. I'll find you the number to a couple tomorrow. Hey Diver Doh, how much was the one you stayed at?

Hey thanks; that would be great. I talked to Paul this evening, so I'm definitely booked for Thur. So now I have to get a room for Wed night, and I can cancel the Comfort Inn reservation I had for Thur, and make it for 2 nights in the same room!

I'll look for your post tomorrow. I know there are always alternatives with local hotels, but they're hard to find on the internet...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom