Weekday diving this time of year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Lake Rawlings is open on Weds. You might want to give them a call. I was just out there yesterday and I thought I heard her say that. Water was 64 degrees. Thermocline was down to the plane windows this time around. Viz was not wonderful 15ft maybe.

We volunteer at the Virginia Aquarium and get our 02 fix every other wenesday, regardless of temps or seasons.:D

Yes, it involves a written test given a couple times per year, a medical sign off requirement, a swim test, etc, then a 1 year once per week committment with an expectation you'll make it for all but a couple of those weeks to your assigned day/time. It was a bit much given my work related travel schedule.

Rawlings is a lot easier and I have found they are willing to open pretty much anytime over the winter if you call in advance. But we always brought multiple divers for the day or came as a pair and also rented a cabin for a night.

When I just spoke to Rawlings, they said they would open other times with 4 paid people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom