Week in Bali March 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terryb

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
My buddy and I are planning a week in Bali this coming March, most likley later in march as we plan to catch the HK 7s tournament after.

Would it be better to stay at an op, like Crystal divers, on the main island around Sanur, or stay on Lembongan? Would you spend the whole week in Lembongan? If not what other dive sites/ops would you recommend?
How is Bali for mosquitoes at that time of year, should we bring malarial protection?

Cheers,

The choice to stay on the main land or an island is up to you if you want to dive more different dive sites. Bali has a beautiful dive sites. Maybe therefor staying on a island limiteds your diving. But if you are in the relax mode it doesnt matter :)

Bali has so many different dive sites around the island. I have been there once and stayed at one place all the time which I regret, most people I met only stayed a day or two then went to another place on their rented motorcykle.

For example you can see the big mantas and mola mola in the east or at Nusa Penida Island and to the north east you have Tulamben with the USAT Liberty wreck and then the west has a lot of wall dives. So that is my recomendation, travvel around and try to get a day or two at each place, also you will se alot of the island while travveling, it has some really beautiful spots!

I'd say split your trip into two ...

Stay in Tulamben or Padang Bai, and dive both of those areas plus Amed. That gives you everything from muck to the Liberty wreck to current, possible sharks, and mantas. Then go across to the Menjangan area and dive those sites. You'll see a lot of Bali and a lot of diverse diving without spending too many days packing up and moving.

i recently spent 3 weeks in bali, one week in Menjangan, one week in Tulambun, and one week in Padang Bai.
They are different, the question is What do you want to see...

Thanks lofish,
Definitely want to see some pelagics like Mantas, otherwise good coral and some macro stuff would be great. I'm either way on doing the wreck diving

Hi there,

Just to come back to your malaria question. Bali does not have any malaria issues, so that makes it easy ;-)
I always recommend people to do a dive safari. It means everything will be organised for you and you get to see the best sites on the island.

Either way, enjoy your planning.

Mirjam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom