Weather in late November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for a Nov thread! We have been in Dec and Nov and personally we pref the Nov weather. Last Nov I think we missed one day of diving. The other Dec trips we always missed a few days due to Norte but overall I thought it was warmer in Nov. You never know for sure but I think out of all the months we have tried so far Nov is our favorite. We stayed 12 days last Nov (left Sat after Thanksgiving) and will be there for 2 wks this year at the same time!

I actually always fly out of Dallas, we drop the kids off in OKC, then head down. I avoid connecting flights like the plague! :)

Thanks for all the info - now to just talk the wifey into it MWAHAHAHAHA! :eyebrow:

Looking forward to the November thread too and possibly adding our name to the list after a long diving drought (almost 2 years) because of moving and that damn Disney World.

FWIW, we had one of the best trips weather-wise over the Thanksgiving holiday some years ago. The second best was the first week in December. Nowadays however, I'll take my chances with tropical depressions and hurricanes traveling in Fall over El Nortes during the winter because the so seldom happen yet both seem unlikely during the late November/early December time frame. And don't forget the great deals, good airfare and low crowds during the period to boot!

I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for a Nov thread! We have been in Dec and Nov and personally we pref the Nov weather. Last Nov I think we missed one day of diving. The other Dec trips we always missed a few days due to Norte but overall I thought it was warmer in Nov. You never know for sure but I think out of all the months we have tried so far Nov is our favorite. We stayed 12 days last Nov (left Sat after Thanksgiving) and will be there for 2 wks this year at the same time!

LOL!!! I think much of the same gang from last November is going this November as well! Think we'll manage to all meet up this time? Like you, we have done both Nov & Dec trips. I don't think we've missed any dive days in Nov, but did miss a few in Dec quite a few years back.

Anyway, seems like we have a good number of November people already .... sooooooo if the darn October thread isn't up by the time I get back from Florida (in 2 weeks,) I'm starting up November anyway!! :tongue2: Heck, the November group is chomping a bit already anyway, maybe we'll skip October all together!! :)

GO KAT GO!! GO KAT GO!!!!

Tunaman68 and daughter November 16-23 Blue Angel/Blue Angel

Kat, Hi! I was thinking the same thing about getting together this year! Hopefully, things will work out better and we can make it happen. Have great time in Fl!

Agree. I look forward to November in Coz. I missed last year(Roatan instead) however back in November this year. It is especially good as November where I live is a cold and depressing start to living in this frozen tundra where winter never seems to end. It is pretty but I would rather see it on a postcard!
We've done a number of late Nov/Thanksgiving trips, and in general the weather and the water are both great. The nortes are always a crap-shoot, but I can't remember missing a day of diving on the Nov trips in the last few years. We'll be back again the week this year just before Thanksgiving!!
(In fact I'd wish someone would hurry up and start the October thread so we could get the November thread rolling! I know there's a few of us that are already booked!):D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom