Question Philippines in October/November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I was browsing flights and found some very reasonable prices and itineraries to Manila in late October and early November. I haven't found much about what it's like in the Philippines during that part of the year. Is this a good time of the year to go diving? Is clarity and water temperature good?

TIA for any experiences you decide to share.

The first week of October is Golden Week holiday. That is a crowded time, at least for us in Coron. Hotels and domestic flights might be higher costs. October is the end of our rainy season.
Since when there is "Golden week" holiday in Philippines?

There might not be many tourists coming for the Golden Week.

It was 10th Nov.

It was 10th Nov.

It was 10th Nov.
There is not a Golden Week holiday in the PH. But, we do get a large influx of tourists from mainland China (both local and expat) that have a seven day holiday.

It was 10th Nov.
There is not a Golden Week holiday in the PH. But, we do get a large influx of tourists from mainland China (both local and expat) that have a seven day holiday.

The OP was asking for experiences. I have been living and diving here since 2008.

The OP was asking for experiences. I have been living and diving here since 2008.
"Golden Week holiday" has not much meaning to most peoples.
Since 2008! So you should remember "Yolanda" which hit Coron in Nov 2013. Rain does not end in Oct.
I had experienced typhoon as late as Boxing Day in PG.

Heading back eh Smitty?
I'm checking prices, gathering information, and thinking about it right now. But I'll go back sometime I'm sure. The Scubaboard surge sure was an awesome trip!

It sounds like late October/early November would be good except for its in the tail end of Typhoon season so more of a risk for bad weather. There also might be a little more rain then? It seems March thru May might be the overall best months. I didn't enjoy the colder than expected water in January so I'm kinda avoiding January and February.

Also, my wife didn't like me not being here to shovel snow last January/February! :wink:

We go in the first 2 weeks of november to Cebu. For people from the Netherlands it is high season then there. I don't know why, but you see this in prices from the travelagencies. I organised myself.

Flights are extremely expensive since covid, so this can be annoying.

I'm checking prices, gathering information, and thinking about it right now. But I'll go back sometime I'm sure. The Scubaboard surge sure was an awesome trip!

It sounds like late October/early November would be good except for its in the tail end of Typhoon season so more of a risk for bad weather. There also might be a little more rain then? It seems March thru May might be the overall best months. I didn't enjoy the colder than expected water in January so I'm kinda avoiding January and February.

Also, my wife didn't like me not being here to shovel snow last January/February! :wink:
You invaded PG + Dauin with SB last Jan.
Fare is higher around Easter.
Late Mar - mid May: best time to visit Tubattaha(LoB). Less chance for typhoon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom