Ways to freak out a new dive buddy onboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey:
Most new divers don't need any additional "freaking out".

Be nice. Everybody was new once.

Terry

Now it's my turn to get even! My instructor had a twisted sense of humor.

I gotta do the alka seltzer deal.

My favorite thing to do is to check thier gear, just before we enter to make sure it will fit me. Nice wet/dry suit what size is that?

or if they rented gear.. They cleaned that suit before they rented to you didn't...they?
I told "Jimmy" not to drink so much coffee..

Or tell them not to worry thier wife will make a lovely widow and should have no problem finding another husband.

or Remember if you get sick just hold still and wait,you see all sotrs fish. That's why they call me "Chum"

ways to freak out new dive buddies:

"NDLs? We don't need no stinking NDL's"

so, how long is this dive gonna be?

"We'll just wing it, man... this boat's got plenty of O2"

Tell them your going to jump in the water and you need them to toss your kit down to you because you would rather put it on at 80' because it's just too damn heavy to do it on the boat, and I'll be waiting for you down there!

Could you please pass me my goggles and flippers? Oh wait, I have to put on My dive slippers first.

Could you spit in My mask for Me? I have hepatitis, and by the way you may not want to buddy breathe from mine if you have to, go swim to someone else if you need to!

Make up some "phony" Hyperbaric center punch cards where the tenth trip is free, make sure he memorizes the number!

Matt

Play hide and seek during a night dive and turn off your light then just sit and watch them look for you from behind something.

funnny, guys, but know what? A lot of newbies wouldn't have a clue of what some of you were talking about. And some that aint newbies.....

i don't think the thread's really aimed at newbies, but at never-dove-with boat-pickup-buddies.

love2godeep:
funnny, guys, but know what? A lot of newbies wouldn't have a clue of what some of you were talking about. And some that aint newbies.....
I don't agree. I am a newbie and I understood all of it. I love the alka seltzer one in particular... tho the bread crumbs in the bc pockets was good too. :lol:

You write on your slate "race you to the surface"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom