waterproofing a M505?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubascout2000

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
has anyone ever tried to water proof a palm m505 or a model close to it? mabey just to the point of 30-40 feet? for research data gathering or pictures for some kind of identification? i just recently got a m505 i would love to find a way to bring down with me. there are just to many things you can get for it apps apon apps. ohhh i love it!

thanks,
james

scubascout2000:
has anyone ever tried to water proof a palm m505 or a model close to it? mabey just to the point of 30-40 feet? for research data gathering or pictures for some kind of identification? i just recently got a m505 i would love to find a way to bring down with me. there are just to many things you can get for it apps apon apps. ohhh i love it!

thanks,
james

There was a company a while back that was making a penbased computer for diving, if they're still in business then they are who you'd want to talk to. I haven't looked real hard, but a I'm starting to look into buying a computer, I might check it out.

The problem with water proofing a palm is that you'd also have to pressure proof it. And the screen as you well know is activated by pressure.

I suppose you could make some sort of two part magnetic stylus, but I'm not certain how a powerful enough magnet to do the job wuld affect the palm.

I'm not sure how deep you could take those.

scubascout2000:
i thought this was DIY! i was hoping for a DIY idea. mabey a diy waterproofing for a splash guard on the boat or a water proof DIY case for flooting in the water?

thx,
james
Well.....its a starting point....a very simple solution is to double or triple bag it in a condom and take it down to see the effects of pressure on the screen...of course you can always vacume seal it in a bag too (I recommend that). 2 very important things...always back up your data and check your bagging before each dive...Personally I love my Palm, but I see no use for it that a slate or wetnotes couldnt accomplish underwater and would never risk it by submerging it.

Good luck...

ScubaToneDog:
Personally I love my Palm, but I see no use for it that a slate or wetnotes couldnt accomplish underwater and would never risk it by submerging it.

Good luck...

Solitare on deco stops?

That would rock!

You can get plastic playing cards for solitare...you could play Texas hold em too.....hey....An Underwater Poker Tournament...

I can see it now...

"Omicrons going all in on his deco gas....and...oooooh, that's a tough break having only that Ace high...guess he's gonna have to risk the chamber."

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom