Watch out what you post!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

F
Personally, I think the guy should pay Rob a bunch of money and lose his licience to practice medicine. But hey, that's just my opinion.

He should at least be convicted and punished to the level of any hit and run auto incident, where near death occurred with life long disability for the victim.
It's amazing how Rob is so cool about in his posts on Spearboard. Inner strength.

He should at least be convicted and punished to the level of any hit and run auto incident, where near death occurred with life long disability for the victim.
It's amazing how Rob is so cool about in his posts on Spearboard. Inner strength.

Absolutely, it was a hit and run, I believe that there are statues stating something about a vessel being required to lend assistance. It was truly a hit and run. Rob is an example for all of us.

Costly is right talking about an arm and a leg. The doctor should be in jail for attempted murder.

Oh, I'm not talking about the Dr.'s defense, Mopar. I was referring to Spearboard having to defend a suit *by* the Dr.

I don't know the details of the case, however, putting myself in the victim's place, my feeling about the Dr. and his punishment trend toward the Medieval...

I sometimes wonder if 101 individual John Doe lawsuits filed in 101 venues against Maldives would be in order.

The Doctor was quoted to have complained about the damage done to his prop after learning of the accident. That speaks volumes of his character. :shakehead:

Does anyone know if Rob has filed his civil suit yet?

I think I remember he did a while back.

The Doctor was quoted to have complained about the damage done to his prop after learning of the accident. That speaks volumes of his character. :shakehead:

Yeah.... can you imagine that..... :shakehead:

Rob posted a pic of those props over on Spearboard.

probably his lawyer telling him to be smart about it :wink:

I can't tell you how impressed I was meeting him at Florida Free-Divers several months ago where I assume he still works. Extremely gentle nature and Paul Newman like piercing blue eyes...

The doctor should be in jail for attempted murder.

This is why things get out of hand in legal discussions on chat boards - people throw around words that they don't really understand.

I'm certainly not defending this guy, but there's no basis for an "attempted murder" charge against the guy since that charge requires INTENT. In order for you to find a defendant guilty of an attempted murder, the State must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was the defendant's purpose to cause the death of the victim. Unless the doctor set out that day to kill Rob, or otherwise showed a specific intent to target Rob for death at some point prior to running into him, he did not commit "attempted murder."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom