Watch out what you post!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Airleron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This appeared in my local fish wrapper's online version today:

Martin County doctor sues website, four people claiming defamation in blog entries over 2009 boating accident TCPalm.com

In short, it's the Rob Murphy story with a twist. The Dr. that ran over Rob and severed his legs off while Rob dived off the Treasure Coast last year, is suing 4 divers that posted heavily on Spearboard after the incident and "slandered Dr. N's good name, damaging his business and reputation". He is also suing Spearboard.

IMO, the good Dr. deserved it x 2.

Lisa

This is such crap. He did not lose business because people were talking about him. He was brought to court and "found guilty" thats what hurt him. I mean he took another mans legs. Now he wants to sue the because people dont like him any more.

Dr. Nicosia You Suck!!! :mooner:

I'm sure I remember fish n chips tasting better when wrapped in the local rag.

Have you been drinking again, LakeCountyDiver?

Reads like the Dr. is a piece of crap that is not only responsible for taking a mans legs but also had his lawyer meet him at the dock...only hope is he loses everything in civil court...

Shakespeare had the right idea in Henry the Sixth......

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Isn't this sort of thing precisely why the Scubaboard defender banner is in existence? It's really not that hard to resist trash talking people you don't know about.

Slander and libel are fairly specific legal terms, as I understand it (I'm no lawyer) and it's actually reasonably difficult to reach those requirements without really bashing someone or specifically trying to do so.

Also, the fact that the defense that the information is essentially true (as in the guy was found guilty in court) is generally considered a bullet-proof defense.

Also, the fact that the defense that the information is essentially true (as in the guy was found guilty in court) is generally considered a bullet-proof defense.

Unfortunately, the defense itself, right or wrong, can be extremely costly and time consuming... Never a fun thing...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom