Watch Out New Jersey!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairybasslet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My son is taking his first driving lesson today. May the Force be with all the other drivers on the road (and his driving teacher).

fairybasslet:
My son is taking his first driving lesson today. May the Force be with all the other drivers on the road (and his driving teacher).

I feel your pain. My twins turn 16 in July! :eek_2:

Been there, done that. I'm on Daughter #3.

Is the minimum age in NJ still 17? If anyone hasn't figured it out, I am NJ born & bred.

garyfotodiver:
Been there, done that. I'm on Daughter #3.

Is the minimum age in NJ still 17? If anyone hasn't figured it out, I am NJ born & bred.
No, the law has been changed. Kids can get their permit at 16 and they have that for a year. Of course they have to have a licensed driver in the car with them. Then they go for the test at 17 and if they pass, they get a provisional license. But they're not supposed to drive with more than one other non-related person in the car (yeah right, like that happens) and they can't drive after midnight. Then at 18 they have a full license. It is supposed to cut down on the amount of teen automoible deaths and accidents. I know that when my friends turned 17, we all piled into someone's car.

H**l, the day I turned 17 my friend took me for my permit. I went home, my dad gave me $3 to fill the VW gas tank, and I drove about 200 miles. Then I got my license before I finished drivers ed. Drove the instructor CRAZY!!

$3 for gas, does that date me or what?

garyfotodiver:
H**l, the day I turned 17 my friend took me for my permit. I went home, my dad gave me $3 to fill the VW gas tank, and I drove about 200 miles. Then I got my license before I finished drivers ed. Drove the instructor CRAZY!!

$3 for gas, does that date me or what?

You only got 2 gallons, right? :D

fairybasslet:
You only got 2 gallons, right? :D

At 28.9 for regular and 32.9 for premium, a little more. This was the summer of 1969, right before woodstock.

So now I've REALLY dated myself.

garyfotodiver:
At 28.9 for regular and 32.9 for premium, a little more. This was the summer of 1969, right before woodstock.

So now I've REALLY dated myself.
Far out man!!!:daisysmil :yinyang: :coolrainb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom