Was wondering what thickness of wet-suit would be ideal for these 3 dive locations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so if no one in your area is diving dry, that doesn't mean it's not the right decision, just might be the divers that you're around.... That said, what other diving ambitions do you have? Also, do you ever end up in Chicago or Florida? If you are interested in drysuits, Dive Right in Scuba is likely where you'll end up buying from, so if you have any wreck diving ambitions it would be a good justification for a trip out there to get it in person and do some fantastic wreck diving while you're out there.

If you get a dry suit, you should try to get some help from someone knowledgeable. It could be from a veteran dry suit user who is willing to show you the ropes, or it could be from an instructor teaching a formal class. Your learning curve will be much faster if you have some qualified assistance.

Since, I don't know any divers in this area yet, I plan to get out there in the spring! I'll see if there are any divers with dry suits and see if they would be willing to show me the ropes, but if not, might as well just take the certification class, that way I get all the information as well as advance diver specialty class under my belt as well! But I am really enjoying reading the feedback everyone has left and has given me a lot of excellent advice that I am considering all aspects as well, since I am on a budget right now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom