Warped Dive World Evolution - BP/W Subgroup Mindset

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
halemanō;5840401:
Perhaps this thread, after over 10,000 views, and perhaps a couple hundred posts that make sporting competition of TOS violations, could evolve towards recommendations for beginning divers? :idk:

I'd recommend they read your posts for entertainment value, only.... Seriously

You're like the Michael Savage of jackets.

... more likely he's just trying to rationalize his own gear choices ...

... and probably 1,000 of those views are mine ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... Toyotas eat them both for breakfast ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My last several vehicles have all been either Toyotas or Hondas but I would seriously consider a Ford next time. Not saying I'll buy one but in the past I would have never even looked.

My last several vehicles have all been either Toyotas or Hondas but I would seriously consider a Ford next time. Not saying I'll buy one but in the past I would have never even looked.

Ford has really stepped up in the past 3 or so years. They seem to make a solid car now. I've had terrible luck with Ford's & Chryslers.......but then my current car is used to transport my BP/W which is probably why it breaks down. If I was transporting my poodle jacket (which I still use in my pool) my car would probably last forever.

I have never thought of purchasing a Honda or Toyota. I once considered a Datsun 240Z. The only vehicles I have owned that weren't from the Ford or GM line were a Porsche 914 (1974) and 2 different MG Bs (1966 and 1975) and a 1972 Super Beetle.) I counted back to the old days when I got my first car, I am amazed at the number of cars I have owned. I put it somewhere around 35. Each and every one of them still hold a special place in my memory. The worst I ever owned was a 1974 Jeep Wagoneer, what a piece of junk.

... Toyotas eat them both for breakfast ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yes, but Honda does not even consider a Toyota a decent snack....:wink:

And rust eats them all. Rust always wins these matches in the end

Prior to buying my Element I owned two Mazda B4000 pickups (1994 and 1999 models) ... which are basically rebranded Ford Rangers. The first one died at 117K miles ... the second at a bit less than 90K.

Contrast that to my Element, which didn't give me a bit of trouble mechanically until about 143K ... at which time I discovered it needed a new engine. I replaced the engine, and it's still going strong ...

Ford has really stepped up in the past 3 or so years. They seem to make a solid car now. I've had terrible luck with Ford's & Chryslers.......but then my current car is used to transport my BP/W which is probably why it breaks down. If I was transporting my poodle jacket (which I still use in my pool) my car would probably last forever.

It wasn't the BP/W that caused my engine to fail ... it was all the other gear. My car has a payload capacity of about 750 lbs ... which I commonly exceed, sometimes by about twice that amount. Passing logging trucks at 80+ miles per hour while loaded down with 1000 lbs of scuba gear and two passengers tends to put a strain on that little 4-cylinder VTec engine.

And rust eats them all. Rust always wins these matches in the end

Oh yeah ... I've replaced the tailgate twice (fortunately, they're simple to replace) ... and the back edge of the car is almost completely rusted out. I've had this car for seven years now ... I figure I can make it another three years before it gets to the point where the rust won't hold the tailgate up anymore ... :shocked2:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom