Warning to new Divers and gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've started to get more picky and don't buy as much stuff anymore. But yeah it spirals out of control.

View attachment 733731

And this is only about half of the stuff I use, I have a few boxes of stuff I no longer use elsewhere.
Im going to have to show the wife this, just to get her to see Im a good boy and only have what I need...most the time lol

Mine keep breeding

I feel huge relief for my impulsive purchases I when i see pictures like that, there is still room for improvement for me.🤣

A very expensive room for improvement.

Im going to have to show the wife this, just to get her to see Im a good boy and only have what I need...most the time lol

I've been fairly selective and actually use almost all the gear in the photo with some regularity.

That's a Tank Farm and looks like it's growing.

Just added a set of LP108s. Though TBH I don't really see it growing much more. Maybe another set of LP108s dedicated to trimix. And maybe some stages or for various deco gasses of maybe drop bottles.

But I am reaching the point that there are fewer and fewer things that will actually extend/enhance my diving. Well outside of video gear which is another deep dark expensive hole to jump in.

A very expensive room for improvement.

I've been fairly selective and actually use almost all the gear in the photo with some regularity.
Just added a set of LP108s. Though TBH I don't really see it growing much more. Maybe another set of LP108s dedicated to trimix. And maybe some stages or for various deco gasses of maybe drop bottles.
But I am reaching the point that there are fewer and fewer things that will actually extend/enhance my diving. Well outside of video gear which is another deep dark expensive hole to jump in.
No CCR?

That is one of the few items.

I was thinking about my would be nice list:
XDeep Stealth dedicated for MX AL80s.
DUI FLX Setup for cold water diving
Longer range DPV to replace the BT Tech once I outgrow it
CCR
Maybe a couple more stage regs

Most of the list don't really add much as they are supplemental. In fact a condo in PDC with a truck and tanks would probably add more.

Most of the list don't really add much as they are supplemental. In fact a condo in PDC with a truck and tanks would probably add more.
That's what I realized few years ago. All the peripheral "dive related" items start as an amusement, and why not?
But when you end up with a big box filled with old valves, it becomes and anchor, literally heavier than one.
I don't know how heroin addition starts but for me felt harmless when it started. I can handle it, i thought .... It is just one very cool 2 hose reg.
Right.

That's what I realized few years ago. All the peripheral "dive related" items start as an amusement, and why not?
But when you end up with a big box filled with old valves, it becomes and anchor, literally heavier than one.
I don't know how heroin addition starts but for me felt harmless when it started. I can handle it, i thought .... It is just one very cool 2 hose reg.
Right.

You often need to hit rock bottom before you realize the truth.

That instead the truth is that there is no perfect rig. Once you get close enough to do 90% of the diving you want to do at the moment, just go diving.

I want to be your great grand giant, would you adopt me?
Me first me first

Back
Top Bottom