Warning - bonaire theft - warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So are the missing steps from the top, bottom or just taken from random steps ???

I think the locals have taken a step in the right direction. I heard from a friend of a friend who had a friend of a friend who has a cousin that was thinking about going to Bonaire someday. He said that he heard steps had been taken to reduce crime there. He was told that they sent a bunch of Mafia-type people to clean up the island. The steps from 1000 steps were taken to use for the hardened criminals who were robbing the island's visiting divers. Since the island is too small for a prison, they made cement boots for the looters from the steps and dropped them at Alice in Wonderland to create an artifical reef. Last I heard, there is no more crime in Bonaire! We are safe again!!!

Thanks for the update Sandy. *PHEW* We are safe again. Sounds like those hardened criminals are going to be walked all over :D

Urgent and breaking news!
Scubaboard members taking measures to get to the bottom of Bonaire crime.
All members of Scubaboard are asked to reach deep in their wallets to send Big John to investigate this dastardly allegation. He vows that there will be no dive site escaping his scrutiny, particularly the alleged crime scene. "The citizens and visitors of Bonaire can rest easy," reports John, "I will stay as long as the good supporters of scubaboard are willing to fund my investigation." To help investigate this dastardly crime please contact Big John with any and all offers of free lodging, airfare, meals and a generous per diem allowance. Who knows how long or how much this will cost so dig deep folks.

Urgent and breaking news!
Scubaboard members taking measures to get to the bottom of Bonaire crime.
All members of Scubaboard are asked to reach deep in their wallets to send Big John to investigate this dastardly allegation. He vows that there will be no dive site escaping his scrutiny, particularly the alleged crime scene. "The citizens and visitors of Bonaire can rest easy," reports John, "I will stay as long as the good supporters of scubaboard are willing to fund my investigation." To help investigate this dastardly crime please contact Big John with any and all offers of free lodging, airfare, meals and a generous per diem allowance. Who knows how long or how much this will cost so dig deep folks.
I think you need an assistant to help you with your search, and I will be glad to provide my services for free - all I need it funding to cover my expenses, flight, and air fills to investigate the dive sites in question. I will even pay for my own food.

You will need a Social Secretary.....and Gear Cleaner...I will of course require the same per dieum as the big boys......

I forgot to add, I will bring my camera to make sure we document every step we take to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Hmmmmmmmm.....Dandy Don & Herman,,,,

Thanks so much for housesitting, but I do have one question...what is with all those steps in my back yard ????????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom