Warning - bonaire theft - warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait a minute! I think its more than just steps I saw big pieces of Rod (Asphalt) missing, leaving big holes in the rod! I thought it was wear and tear, but now I bet they were stolen! :police::ssst::panicbutton:

Now that you mention it, I do recall after OMAR hit that there was some docks that went missing.
hmmmer.gif

These thieves apparently will stop at nothing to get the crime rates up on the island. IF ONLY there was someone who would let peole know about these haneous crimes.

Come to think of it last time I was there those steps where missing at the begining of the dive, but the thieves must have had a change of heart because all 1000 of them where returned an hour later on the way back up to the truck :idk:

Were there 930 separate petty thefts or was it just one big heist?

Perhaps we should take steps to find out.

Step back! Nothing to see here! As far as the number at one time the word is the local authorities might be involved? But we do know some steps have been taken, but the statistics were not kept! As of now, according to polls only a few steps, out of hundreds are involved! A local official was quoted saying "Maybe only a few steps were taken to get to this point and we may take a few more to get to the bottom of this!" Pointing at the location! The involvement keeps getting deeper and shows no end in sight!

Well, if the police would only step up their patrols they may be able to solve some of these problems but we know that won't happen because it may be the Chief of Police's step-son stealing the steps.

I think they should set up a sting operation and just lay a few steps around at some of the dive sites and watch to see who takes them with their new remote cameras.

OK. Someone else needs to step up and post another solution. We can't solve it all at once but we could start out with some baby steps in the right direction.

I think they should build a bunch of buildings with entrances far enough above grade that steps would be required. Then claim a Bonaire-wide stair shortage and offer a huge premium to those that can get the building back on schedule.

This is exciting. At this rate, we could have those steps back in place in about 4 years :thumb:.

I know who is doing it! Bonaire's Step-children! Or maybe the Troll who lives under the steps? I think we have narrowed it down and should step off and see what happens! So I am taking a step back while I can and there are still enough to take some back! If we all took a step back they would have enough to repair 1000 steps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom