warm water drysuit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have a question for all the warm water divers out there....

If you had the opportunity to dive a drysuit that was priced like a high end wetsuit, was as flexible as a wetsuit, and packed as small as a wetsuit, would you?

:crafty:

DiveJedi:
I have a question for all the warm water divers out there....

If you had the opportunity to dive a drysuit that was priced like a high end wetsuit, was as flexible as a wetsuit, and packed as small as a wetsuit, would you?

:crafty:

It would be nice for tech dives due to the redundant buoyancy for those us who don't like double bladder wings. But in general I prefer wetsuits for warm water because they are just a simpler, cheaper solution.

DiveJedi:
You better run Doc :sharkattack: .....I know DUI makes a great suit, but I'm talking about an MSRP of $699!

Sometimes cheap isnt always the way to go...
You can pay DUI now, or you can pay them later...

:D I would.

Could it handle a cave?

I dive dry in Florida - in the winter (brr... it's in the low 70's here)

So - is that what you mean?

I dive my trilam dry suit whenever I’m on a smaller boat with out a heated cabin and the air temp is too chilly to want to sit around wet after a dive. I’ve never considered my dry suit that bulky compared to packing a thick farmer john and I dive it wearing a polartech skin and sweat shirt many times in water in the 70s.

Sounds like a good price point.

I think that the manufactuer rep. that made the OP is asking if they could produce a qiuality warm water dry suit at a wet suit price would there be a market---yes--I will purchase one.

N

Back
Top Bottom