Wanted: testers for Suunto download application

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm reading it. And thanks for your really helpful post.

What he's done is incredibly impressive. Considering none of the companies themselves are in a hurry to support linux/mac users, a lot of us are very grateful as it means good (and probably better) third party software will pop up that we can all benefit from.

Dude, It's pathetic the way you keep posting to yourself!
19 posts and 15 are yours. WOW

I'm posting updates for the people that are actually reading this thread. Most people that were interested in my project have responded to me privately. That's why you don't see many comments from other people. Feel free to ignore this thread if you don't like it.

... If you insist on using the original software you could use an emulator to run the windows application. But if you want a native Mac application, you'll need a third-party application, like mine (i never tested on a mac because I don't have one, but since mac is very similar to linux, I believe the code should also compile on mac), the one from http://www.macdivelog.com or some other application.

If you have a new intel mac, you should be able to load a windows os and boot into it to run pc programs. It is the same as running a pc. No emulator needed. If it is an older intel mac version, you would need boot camp.

dd

Great work! Do you still need test data for the Uwatec Smart series? I have a SmartTec, and will gladly provide data if needed.

I have a Uwatec Galileo Sol and the Uwatec IR adapter.

I currently download the dive data to Uwatec's SmartTrak software in a Windows XP partition on my Intel Mac PowerBook Pro.

How can I help you with your testing?

Regards
Peter

Great work! Do you still need test data for the Uwatec Smart series? I have a SmartTec, and will gladly provide data if needed.

I still need data from the Uwatec Smart series. Can you run the test application [1] and email the resulting logfile and memory dump?

[1] http://users.telenet.be/sacn/suunto/smart.exe

I have a Uwatec Galileo Sol and the Uwatec IR adapter.

I currently download the dive data to Uwatec's SmartTrak software in a Windows XP partition on my Intel Mac PowerBook Pro.

How can I help you with your testing?

It is very likely the Galileo is using the same download protocol as the Smarts, so you can also try the test application. If the download protocol is different, the application will refuse to continue.

It is possible the test application does not recognize the Galileo because I have no idea how it announces itself (I have just hardcoded "Galileo" now). But even if the discovery fails, the logfile is useful for me, because all irda devices in range are listed in it. And I can use that to fix the discovery. The irda application on my website [2] will only perform the discovery, but not the downloading.

[2] http://users.telenet.be/sacn/suunto/irda.exe

Back
Top Bottom