Want to Dive the Speigal Grove !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasonic

Contributor
Reaction score
Going to Key Largo October 11 - 13 any recomendations on the best Charter to go with.

Thanks in advance

-SS

Horizon Divers at MM100 has a nice twin hill cat that is stable. This may be a plus if the wind is blowing. On the down side I found it more difficult to re-board the boat in a stiff current. You have to board on the side and the trail line they were using at the time was only 1/4 inch rope (tough to hold with gloves and large hands).

If I were to do this dive again, it would be with Diver City which I believe goes out to the SG on Tuesday. They have a real boat for real divers.

The reason I choose them is the boats are small - Quiescence boat carries 6 max.

Scuba-Do carries 15 or so max.

I will be diving the speigal grove on Sept 16th. I will probably actually make a couple of dives on it. I am going to be diving with Island Adventures at mm104. I have never dove with them but they came highley recommended. They seem to cater the dives around the divers. He asked my what I wanted to dive and I told him the Grove and he said then we will do the grove. I like a dive boat that gets input from the divers. I will let you know how I like them. :)

Chris

Since you're covered by U.S. regulations and insurance, I guess they're all good. My preferences of the half dozen I've been out with there are really just based on my personal preferences.

In particular, I'm been down on the S.Grove with Kellys, Ocean Dives, and Tavenier - all good. I'd go with Tavenier, though:
(1) 100 cu ft Nitrox tanks;
(2) Nitrox blended to order - and I prefer 30%;
(3) And even though it's a longer boat ride for him, and he charges more for that, Mike's still cheap, as well as a helluva good guy.

'Course, you're qualified to go out with any of them...

Have fun! Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom