Walked into the dive shop today and they had a Teric in stock......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully the wife approved

I love the shearwater line but idk about dropping 1-1.5k on a dive comp when I’ll only ever do rec diving. They are nice though that’s for sure!

Any future plans for lite deco dives? Or just arm candy for us scuba people lol

I didn't ask her lol She knows now though :) I am the better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission type lol

For me it was spend 4-600 bucks on a air integrated computer for my son, or go for the Teric and give him mine. I bought my OCI one month before the Teric came out. So if I didnt do it now I would have never done it.

I have been researching tech diving and studying, the owner of the dive shop wants me to do it with a couple of other guys that are asking her. I think she feels more comfortable with me there (even number of people).

So tech diving is not out of the question, I wouldn't mind diving the Oriskany. So with that in mind as well, thats why I pulled the trigger. Hey its just money right? :gas:

The compass feature is actually awesome too. I didnt like the compass on my OCI that was the only thing I didnt like about it.

With the Teric its one button to pull up the compass, then rotate to the desired bearing, click again to mark. Such a sweet feature.

And you can use these features on overlay of your dive mode interface, and it does not obstruct. This may be my second favorite feature behind the blue tooth.

Shearwater is the benchmark for dive computers. You will enjoy the reliable simplicity of this advanced tech

It is an awesome computer for sure. I bought mine last Wednesday and drove 4 hours to get it. I went to Shearwaters website and pulled the list of dealers within a 4 hour radius of me and called each one. They all had the same answer... backordered and not sure when they will have them... that was until one shop said they had one but was on hold for the shop owner. I told him Id come in that day (2 hour drive each way) and buy it if he could convince the owner to let it go. 15 minutes later they called me back saying to come by as the owner will just wait for the backorder so I made the drive and picked it up! Got lucky finding one and I cant stop wearing it! I usually am not a watch guy so maybe its justifying the money spent lmao,..

Nice bro!! Same here I really like it. Very comfortable to wear and its a great looking watch for sure. Sounds like a great guy at the dive shop, to let you have it, was the right thing to do for sure. Nice work.

just a heads up, ebay has their 15% coupon live again today, good for up to $100 off. You can get a new Teric for $995 (I pulled the trigger on one today).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom