Vuela Seguro Protection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This site claims that Mexico has ended the Vuela Seguro form as of January 1, 2022. It links to an article (in Spanish) a few weeks earlier announcing it's elimination. A google search shows that this is being reported by lots and lots of travel sites.

While most of us have reported that it was never collected upon entry but required upon exit (that always seemed so counterintuitive) it will be pretty hard for them to collect if the form is no longer available. Howver, I just checked and the form is still available to fill online and the site doesn't mention anything about it going away. Can someone confirm from a more official source?

Well it always made sense to me that in Mexico, Mexico would stop you from entering a Mexico airport and getting on a plane in Mexico with COVID.

Made no sense to me to check on someone already in your airport looking to leave it.

On the other hand, go to the site and click the button to see the rules. it was blank the other day

Except the person getting on a plane to leave Mexico won't be spreading covid to Mexican residents whereas the person who just arrived is about to venture out and mingle with the local residents. So was it about protecting the rest of the world from Mexico or protecting Mexico from the rest of the world?

Except the person getting on a plane to leave Mexico won't be spreading covid to Mexican residents whereas the person who just arrived is about to venture out and mingle with the local residents. So was it about protecting the rest of the world from Mexico or protecting Mexico from the rest of the world?

Well he would have already infected everyone in the plane right? And they cant put him back on a plane, so what do they do with him?

Checking the site, the Intl. requirements page has text on it again. Nothing really about the form though.

Well he would have already infected everyone in the plane right? And they cant put him back on a plane, so what do they do with him?

Checking the site, the Intl. requirements page has text on it again. Nothing really about the form though.

No, he wouldn't have infected everyone on the plane. Studies have shown that planes are pretty safe and it's rare to infect others. They would send him straight to quarantine, same as when someone tests positive. You think they should tell him enjoy your vacation and send him out into the population?

No, he wouldn't have infected everyone on the plane. Studies have shown that planes are pretty safe and it's rare to infect others. They would send him straight to quarantine, same as when someone tests positive. You think they should tell him enjoy your vacation and send him out into the population?

So, he sat in the gate waiting to leave, then he was stuck in the INM line wall to wall....

Of course leaving, sitting in Mexico in an airport full of people, including locals is kinda a thing.

And then they are going to transport him the Grand and tell them to put him in quarantine?

Let face it:

1. The MX government is MOST concerned about sending someone home sick and that home country having a fit and creating another dip in tourist dollars.

2. Maybe someone said let do it both ways, but the implementation is clearly only for leaving as no on cares coming in AND the FAQ alludes to that.

3. Maybe they did away with it, but left it active so no one has any airline issues until the airlines catch up, again saving tourist dollars.

4. Questioning you at the END of your visit mean they already got your pesos!

I actually agree with all of that, chief. The health form is more about pesos than covid. That was actually my point since if it was about preventing tourists from infecting locals it's implementation would have been at the front end not the back end.

I drove by CVS Friday for a “make sure not” PCR test prior to my angiogram today like I did before each dive trip this year and after a five day courthouse tour. I have always received results in 30 hours before. It's been 71 hours and nothing. No symptoms tho so did the ago this morning. All finished, all good, no problems.

I actually agree with all of that, chief. The health form is more about pesos than covid. That was actually my point since if it was about preventing tourists from infecting locals it's implementation would have been at the front end not the back end.
I agree with you, but that front end would have be in the other country. Like I know a number of countries are or were collecting test or questionnaires or something before you were allowed on a flight to their countries. I saw that in the check in the US and people showing documents to get on a plane to some destination. There was never a requirement like that for Mexico.

I agree with you, but that front end would have be in the other country. Like I know a number of countries are or were collecting test or questionnaires or something before you were allowed on a flight to their countries. I saw that in the check in the US and people showing documents to get on a plane to some destination. There was never a requirement like that for Mexico.

That's how it's usually done. The airlines have always been tasked with ensuring passport validity for six months (for countries that require that) and most of those imposing entry covid tests require the airlines to verify it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom