Vuela Seguro Protection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gstrek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It is hard to tell if this applies to USA travellers to Mexico. Are we considered to be "Foreigners residing in Mexico" for a week of vacation? It looks like decent coverage for about $25 USD. When I went online to create an online Vuela Seguro account for an upcoming trip to Mexico, this was one of the links.

It looks interesting and the price is reasonable. Has anybody else signed up for this coverage? The document is in Spanish so have not had a chance to go through it with a translator.

Vuela Seguro

As it says:

*Offer valid for Mexican nationals and foreigners residing in México. Coverage for up to 30 days

You can get coverage for medical assistance for accidents and illnesses, including CoViD-19. You also get medication, lodge, hotel extension to convalesce, medical orientation by phone and doctor referrals. Protect yourself now.

For only $499 MXN protect yourself from accidents r illnesses, including COVID-19, during your trip​

You have up to $35,000 USD to receive medical attention and other benefits​

The link is not loading in my phone so I couldn’t read it, but I would assume “foreigners residing in Mexico” means foreigners with a legal residency card in Mexico, not tourists. That is what it usually means for discounts to museums, archeological sites, etc.

[EDIT] The link loaded but it leads to the login/SU page. I couldn’t find the offer you quote here, but happy to translate if you paste more text that you are not sure about.

The link is not loading in my phone so I couldn’t read it, but I would assume “foreigners residing in Mexico” means foreigners with a legal residency card in Mexico, not tourists. That is what it usually means for discounts to museums, archeological sites, etc.

[EDIT] The link loaded but it leads to the login/SU page. I couldn’t find the offer you quote here, but happy to translate if you paste more text that you are not sure about.
That's what I assume, regarding legal residency. Digging into it, it covers only an additional 3 days beyond your planned stay. Medical fees, etc. appear to be self-paid and reimbursed up to the plans limit. You get what you pay for.

I apologize for the link hitting a wall.

It's also the site for an online health questionnaire that is claimed required before flying in, but google translation doesn't work. I have registered there before for some trip, Cozumel or Roatan, but that's all I know.

Edit: I copied and pasted sections into a google translation page and that worked. It's for Mexican citizens traveling to other countries.

It's also the site for an online health questionnaire that is claimed required before flying in, but google translation doesn't work. I have registered there before for some trip, Cozumel or Roatan, but that's all I know.

Yup, you are meant to fill it out every time you get on a flight in Mexico. In practice, I have never been asked for it on the way in, but I have occasionally when boarding a domestic flight.

Edit: I copied and pasted sections into a google translation page and that worked. It's for Mexican citizens traveling to other countries.
American Airlines directed us to the Vuela-Seguro website for filling out the health questionnaire within 12 hours of the flight. You have a choice of hard copy or creating the account and getting a QR Code. Once logged in, I saw the option for "Protect Yourself Medical Assistance Includes Covid" which appears to be for Mexican Citizens or Residents of MX.

We will fill out hard copies as well as the online form.

Ok here is the copy & paste translation from the google page...
The World Health Organization has established that there is a pandemic derived from the COVID-19 disease. Several countries have adopted health controls and travel restrictions.
In the current context, Mexican people are recommended to take the necessary preventive measures in case of international trips, as well as to have insurance for medical expenses during their stay abroad.

If you are abroad and you have symptoms of respiratory disease, contact the health authorities of the place where you are. If you need information or assistance, contact the corresponding Mexican Embassy or Consulate.

If you present symptoms on your way to Mexico, you must inform the International Health team that carries out surveillance work at each point of entry into the country. If these signs start within two weeks, you should call 800-0044-800.

Many countries have imposed restrictions on people traveling from countries with cases of COVID-19 and international air connectivity remains limited and subject to unforeseen changes, which could affect entering the country you intend to visit or making stopovers. This is the case, in particular, of the United States (which limits entry from China, Iran, the Schengen area, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Brazil, South Africa and India) and of a large part of the European countries, which maintain entry restrictions for third-country nationals (i.e. non-EU members). For more information, consult the page of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the sites of the Embassies and Consulates in Mexico of the country to which you are interested in traveling, since although there are similarities, each one has established its regulations and cases of exception to restrictions.

The Ministry of Health of Mexico enabled a page to obtain the COVID-19 VACCINATION CERTIFICATE, as official proof to demonstrate that people have received the vaccine. Through the page https://cvcovid.salud.gob.mx/ you can obtain the certificate that contains a QR code.

Mexico has not adopted restrictions for the air entry of visitors and the return of Mexicans from other countries. Personnel from the Ministry of Health are at the points of entry to the country to attend to people with symptoms associated with the coronavirus and take the corresponding measures.​
Then
The list of destinations - countries and territories - shown below, includes some that are not members of the United Nations and that do not enjoy wide international recognition.​
Their inclusion in the list is merely informative for Mexican people who may be interested in visiting them.

Click on the letter of the destination of your interest:​

For USA, select E for
bestadounido.png
Estados Unidos

Travel insurance is rarely a good deal.

You have to provide contact tracing info one way or another. You can use the app or you can scribble on the paper form. The app gets you through security just a little faster. They've never actually scanned the QR code, just looked to see if I have it, but they collect the paper forms.

Travel insurance is rarely a good deal.

You have to provide contact tracing info one way or another. You can use the app or you can scribble on the paper form. The app gets you through security just a little faster. They've never actually scanned the QR code, just looked to see if I have it, but they collect the paper forms.
MX Customs and Immigration never asked us for the form upon entry (we are US citizens if it matters). We had them filled and ready for them.

Back
Top Bottom