VT3 Gauge Mode Transmitter ?'s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marc Bryan

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have left messages for tech support, but have gotten no call back, so I thought I would post here.

Is it possible to get a firm ware upgrade that allows reading of the additional transmitters in gauge mode? This would be an invaluable feature. When doing a trimix dive, it would be great to be able to monitor stage/travel gas pressures on the unit. I get not being able to gas switch, as the algorithm only supports O2 and N2, but it sucks not being able to monitor the other transmitters.

Also, for those of us that cut tables, or do ratio deco, it would be awesome to use while diving in sidemount configuration. We could monitor which ever tank we were breathing at the moment, and not have to use the deco algorithm built into the unit, if using tables, ratio, or an actual helium capable computer.

I read the manual for the VT4. Looks like it is able to do the gas switching in gauge mode and you can lower nitrox settings for gas 2 through 4.

WILL YOU SHOW SOME LOVE FOR THE VT3 with a firmware update to allow the same or at least the gas switching in gauge mode?

Also, smartglo on mode instead of timed out for depths greater than say 60 feet would great as well. This shouldn't be a great battery drain since the computer has a light sensor, plus the battery is user replaceable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom