VR3 first Impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get with NetDoc for specifics, but definitely some day between July 17 and July 19.

Diving Gal will be there too.

I don't have time to chase Pete down. Can't you help me out here and just get me a day?

Tom

[[off to hunt down Pete]]

Originally posted by TexasMike
Brian or Tom...

If we ever dive together, I definitely want an occasional peek at your display to see how the data is arranged and it's readability.

Let me know when you are in Austin to dive Lake Travis more than happy to give you a tour...heck right now the lake has gone up 6 feet so far with all this rain....

Used the VR3 yesterday on 2 dives to the Spiegel Grove. Had it set for EANx 32 this time and again it performed perfectly.

One thing I note that may indicate future problems is that the feel of the two buttons is different. The left button is harder to push and seems to have a longer "throw". Anyone else notice this or am I likely to lose that button?

Tom

I think thtas normal. At least mines the same

If you look at them they protrude different lengths and the left one looks a lot longer
VR3.jpg

Originally posted by madmole
I think thtas normal. At least mines the same

If you look at them they protrude different lengths and the left one looks a lot longer
VR3.jpg

Do yours feel the same (push resistance, smoothness, etc)? On mine the left seems harder to push, noticably.

Tom

Had the opportunity to try out the VR3 on mix yesterday. The dive was part of a class so I was actually diving tables (V-Planner) and half expected the VR3 to get bent due to it asking for stops the tables didn't but it turned out almost right on with the tables.

Profile was 170', 25 min. Back gas was 22/26, 50% and 100% deco gases.

The Vr3 gave me a 1 minute stop at 100' which the tables hadn't called for, then it cleared 1 minute before the tables did (47 minute RT as opposed to 48).

It performed perfectly in my opinion.

Tom

I silicon sprayed mine when fairly new (< 1 week old) and have used it for a few dives and a lot of simulation and planning.

The buttons were initially a bit stiff and felt slightly resistant, not quite gritty. Now they have smoothed nicely

The left button does have a longer throw and hence feels a little stiffer as there is obviously a longer spring to compress

The octopus is no longer safe. Practice in bed means that I can get him on a 1 minute stop. Can we have tetris, or space invaders next please

Only thing the VR3 is missing is an audible warning beep and the kitchin sink

Back
Top Bottom