VR3 first Impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been told that there is some major differences in the electronics from the old and new VR3. I do think losing all of your tissue load not a "minor issue". That really can affect your weekend of deco diving, did mine.

Brian Faure
Austin, Texas

Mayhaps the game should be removed:

1) reduce cost?

2) I hope the game is not a sub-routine within the main
programming

3) possibly reduce size/weight if there is hardware that is
necessary due to the presence of the game

Originally posted by Green_Manelishi
Mayhaps the game should be removed:

1) reduce cost?

2) I hope the game is not a sub-routine within the main
programming

3) possibly reduce size/weight if there is hardware that is
necessary due to the presence of the game

Game removed????

1) reduce cost...not by much the VR3 has a ton of extra "headroom" from what I can tell.

2) So?

3) My bet is there is not extra hardware that the game requires that was added to the VR3. The unit just has a ton of extra room for more programming. These days chips are cheap...it is the programming and packaging that cost.

Heck the game does kill time during your deco, it is kinda nice...better than sleeping....

I actually like the size and heft. My older eyes need the larger screen! It is a bit heavy but I don't mind that. Maybe if it falls off I'll notice sooner (or hear it hit the bottom :)).

If I could have a redesign I think I'd ask for the buttons to be changed in some way (not exactly sure how) as they kinda stick out now and i'm thinking that the situation I heard about where one fell out might have been the result of uneven pushing, pushing on a slight angle.

The game is meaningless to me, haven't used it, likely never will. I like to keep a good situational awareness on my stops, Mr. Happy comes around too often around here for me to be focusing on a game on my wrist.

Tom

The only Mr. Happy we need to worry about is a hungry catfish in Lake Travis. I will have to keep that in mind while out at the Flower Gardens this weekend. I did find it hard to play the game and hold on the the jon line at the same time....

I would agree on the buttons. My fingers get a bit sore after a ton of use. Also the rebreather port has a plug on it that has a string that gets in the way. I need to "restring" it so that it will not be an entanglement hazard.

Some questions about batteries.

1. Did it come with them & if so what.

2. What other type of batteries can it use ? :confused:

3. Anything you wont to add. :)

Originally posted by Rickoz
Some questions about batteries.

1. Did it come with them & if so what.

2. What other type of batteries can it use ? :confused:

3. Anything you wont to add. :)

Comes with. Uses standard AA battery which is accessed by a big coin screw on the side of the unit. Can't comment on battery life yet.

Plan to dive it again Thursday and weekend. If any new info, I'll post it.

Tom

Standard AA batteries, the battery life is good I did about 45 dives on the battery it shipped with and still had 1.3v. I have just put in a new one and it is 1.6v so now I will watch the dive count.

Brian or Tom...

If we ever dive together, I definitely want an occasional peek at your display to see how the data is arranged and it's readability.

you come up with a date for that Spiegel Grove dive it just might happen.

Tom

Originally posted by TexasMike
Brian or Tom...

If we ever dive together, I definitely want an occasional peek at your display to see how the data is arranged and it's readability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom