Vortoberfest V - 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll leave Montgomery after work and will probably go directly to Sally's. Please save us a couple of places. We are in Grandview 3 for the weekend. Have students early Saturday morning and early Sunday morning but should be done by noon both days.

I have lights for the grill and will bring charcoal and tongs. Last time I was there the big stainless table had been commandeered by the snack bar. Will have to drop back and punt on that one. We used that table every time and it was taken away. Just gone.

Anyways - I repeat my request that no shrimp be cooked on the main grill without proper notification. I spent one night in the DeFuniak Hospital and even though I was treated well don't want to repeat that one.

Tom,

I'll bring a small hibachi for those who want to cook some shwimps.

the K

Also,

Is anyone planning on diving "The Mighty O" Sunday morning???

the K

At this point, I am planning on being there with Dive ninja. He is here in Florida for business and is one of the organizers for the Bonne Terre Treasure Hunt. He's looking forward to seeing a grass roots event.

Pete, You going to make an appearance at your sanctioned event? Or maybe that's a bad idea...Losing a sponsor due to the behavior of a few of the ladies (We won't mention any screen names) won't sit well with the DDD's.

Okey dokey . . .

the K

....and this is why I love you guys!

I am keeping my iron bra at home...sorry...it's getting a bit chilly at night to wear it! LOL!

Pete, I am so glad you are coming! It will be good to see ya again! Oh I will be at DEMA for the entire week. So I hope to see you there too!

Carolyn:shark2:

Hello Everyone. My girlfriend and I have never been to Vortex and we would love to come hang out and get to know some people to dive with. Unfortunately I would not be able to dive this weekend, unless I take it easy, cause I am on ciprofloxacin for a sinus infection which is known to cause "Achilles Tendon Rupture" and I defintely don't want that. What are the best lodging options if you don't have a tent? Is there plenty of things to do even if you are unable to dive?

. What are the best lodging options if you don't have a tent?

buy a tent.... trust me. otherwise it's just "bunk rooms" that are $70/night for a 4 bed bunk. you have to bring your own sheets/pillows/blankets/towels. Personally I think their bunkhouses are some of the biggest dumps I've ever stayed in. It smelled so bad that I thought I was going to have to burn the clothes/bedding we took in there. I've heard it's improved with the new management, but still not interested in a room there again when a tent is the better option.

so you might as well throw a tent in and save $50/night.

Is there plenty of things to do even if you are unable to dive?

There are plenty of great areas to visit near there. It's pretty much what you make of it.

THe beach is less than an hour away and the water is still warm and the weather should be nice. water temps in the gulf yesterday when I dove was 80f.

several state parks with nature trails, etc. several other springs that are really nice you can visit.

several large shopping malls and outlet malls in PCB and Destin.

Naval Aviation Flight museum in P'cola.

all kinds of tourist attractions around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom