Vortoberfest V - 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I don't have to work Saturday morning, I'll come out. Is it possible to dive with the crowds?

If I don't have to work Saturday morning, I'll come out. Is it possible to dive with the crowds?

Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about Vortex being too crowded to dive? Most people use Vortex as a launch off point to not only get in a dive or two at Vortex, but to hit Morrison Spring, Cypress Spring, and various other springs as well as Shore dives and Boat dives. There is plenty of room and Vortoberfest is a great place to meet all the people you chat with on ScubaBoard as well as make tons of new dive buddies.

Are you talking about Vortex being too crowded to dive?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. :D

I've never been, so I have no clue what to expect. I have Friday off work and maybe Saturday. Is anyone diving Vortex or Morrison Friday?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. :D

I've never been, so I have no clue what to expect. I have Friday off work and maybe Saturday. Is anyone diving Vortex or Morrison Friday?

It hasn't been too crowded since I've been going, just time it between classes. I would venture both, and I'll try to get a night dive in at Vortex, Friday night.

Hello all Vortoberfesters! I have some news about this year's festivities. First and formost let me say I am excited to see averyone again. Second, DJ Johnnymac will not be here this year. He has scheduled another event on this comming weekend and needs to make some money. He will be sorely missed and I hope he can at least stop in. I have found a DJ to do the event this year, so everyone can still have a chance to get onto Youtube. The DJ's name is Justin Tyme, which is ironic because I found him just in time. He has over 6000 songs in his Karaoke portfolio. It should still be a good time and i have stocked up on the Shamay. I can't wait!

"Vortoberfest" is a "We Are One" celebration.

There are no newbies, no oldies . . . we are divers. We are people. We are one.

If anyone is worried about camping space, there is ALWAYS a place to pitch a tent in the Kraken's Lair at camp site #1.

the K

I've got a campsite reserved Thursday thru Monday(close to all the good people and Jason's great cooking) and all I'm doing is parking my truck and hanging dive gear there. If someone needs a tent spot you are welcome to squat there.

THANKS SO MUCH SHANE! I am so relieved you are still there!

All of us are again excited to see everyone again. I hope Johnny will be making an appearence! We have a bunch of new faces joining us!

Just one more week! Krak, I have a special surprise for you...no hints tho! :wink:

Carolyn:shark2:

Shhhh Mike, don't give away all of my secrets!

Carolyn

Are you bringing the hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom