Vortoberfest V - 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it IS a ScubaBoard sanctioned event !!!! :D

the K

Y'all...I think the Vortoberfest is a pretty well organized event!

FRIDAY, many divers will be converging on Vortex Springs. Some will be doing dives at Vortex and some will be doing some night diving. For those of us that get into Vortex early enough, we will be heading across town to dive Morrison Springs. Both areas are open to OW divers and there are accessible caverns. Vortex does have a cave system that is locked by a gate. However, the cave officially starts as soon as you make the right turn from the cavern zone.

SATURDAY, the Cave divers usually head over to Jackson Blue or will do the Cave at Vortex. Another group of us will be heading down to Panama City for some saltwater diving. We all then meet back up in the late afternoon to start the cookout and festivities which will me MC'd by me!

SUNDAY, will be the more disorganized day. Depending on how festive everyone was, many will be sleeping in late. You will find great breakfasts throughout the camp grounds and everyone will be happy to share some fine food. From there some will leave and some will get in some more diving.

That about sums up the Vortex Fests, be they in October or April.

Your FESTS Coordinator!
Carolyn:shark2:

Don't forget Sally's on Friday night!
Unofficially of course.
:)
Rick
Y'all...I think the Vortoberfest is a pretty well organized event!

FRIDAY, many divers will be converging on Vortex Springs. Some will be doing dives at Vortex and some will be doing some night diving. For those of us that get into Vortex early enough, we will be heading across town to dive Morrison Springs. Both areas are open to OW divers and there are accessible caverns. Vortex does have a cave system that is locked by a gate. However, the cave officially starts as soon as you make the right turn from the cavern zone.

SATURDAY, the Cave divers usually head over to Jackson Blue or will do the Cave at Vortex. Another group of us will be heading down to Panama City for some saltwater diving. We all then meet back up in the late afternoon to start the cookout and festivities which will me MC'd by me!

SUNDAY, will be the more disorganized day. Depending on how festive everyone was, many will be sleeping in late. You will find great breakfasts throughout the camp grounds and everyone will be happy to share some fine food. From there some will leave and some will get in some more diving.

That about sums up the Vortex Fests, be they in October or April.

Your FESTS Coordinator!

You are correct there Uncle Rick! I forgot to post about that!

Friday evening, around 7pm, we all converge on the local eatery, SALLIES! She has awesome shrimp amongst other tasty bits. Especial the Sour Cream Chive Fries! Mmm Mmm GOOD!

I will be calling her next week to let her know we are coming in mass!

I think I will have to decorate my campsite with a LSU theme since LSU will be hosting Florida on the 10th during our festivities and I will not be home to join in on the tailgating parties for diving is a priority.

I gave her an initial heads up a couple of weeks ago, but it sure wouldn't hurt to firm it up. Make sure there are plenty of oysters &c...
Rick
You are correct there Uncle Rick! I forgot to post about that!

Friday evening, around 7pm, we all converge on the local eatery, SALLIES! She has awesome shrimp amongst other tasty bits. Especial the Sour Cream Chive Fries! Mmm Mmm GOOD!

I will be calling her next week to let her know we are coming in mass!

Well I started Packing for Vortoberfest. I hope I don't forget anything important. I might have to invest in an Egg Crate.

overpacked_car-12058.jpg

Kinda looks like Yellow Angel Fish and me bringing down the Kraken Kauldron and the dragon's mouth for Vortoberfest.

Hauling a 5 gallon cook pot and 50,000 BTU gas burner is always fun!!!

See Y'all a week from today !!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

the K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom