Vortoberfest IV- 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the springs are perfect for new divers,in fact I think I saw a few hundred there at springfest,it is like diving in a 60 ft. deep pool but more fun.I hope they have Morrison open by then.

I plan on being there! this is will my 1st, but question is this apropriate for a new diver? I have only dive ten times so far.Lastly, how does this work? We ride together , take our own car....? Excuse the questions but like I said I'm new at this...

_ed
The springs offer you easy diving and great opportunities to hone your skills. It allows you to meet divers from diff areas of diving, from rec, tech, and cave. Many of us are happy to get in the water and help new divers improve on techniques so it is definitely 3 days of fun and diving. We also get a group together to dive offshore Panama City. There are some great dive sites out there and it has become tradition that some of us dive offshore on the Sat. then come in to start the festivities Sat night. You can amp or stay at the lodge. Prices are very reasonable and its a good idea to reserve now. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me! Here is the link to contact Vortex. Shane is the manager.

Vortex Spring: a Florida Treasure

Carolyn:sharks:

OK, you Warm Water Wiener Schnitzels !!!

Break out the Dayrunners, I-Pods, PDAs, calendars, planning books or whatever !!!

Vortoberfest IV is less than 3 months away !!!

This one's gonna be one bodacious blow out.

Don't forget your sausages and German beer (and I don't mean safety sausages)

der K-egmeister :beer:

I just got certified July 20, doing my OW checkouts at Vortex.

We just ditched a timeshare deal in Myrtle Beach SC, that we got sucked into one Friday night whilst under the influence.:shakehead: Lost our deposit, however there is always a positive side.......

the weekend we had booked was this Voctoberfest weekend, so DH (Ian) has the Friday off. We'd love to come along as I need to practice my skills before diving at St. Maarten in Nov. I would also like to do an offshore dive to deal with currents and salt water etc. Want to do AOW next. DH has been forever certified but I've learned to live with it.

We are both Aussies and live in Tallahassee, but don't hold that against us! We love to party!:)

Aussies are always a blast to hang out with. 3 months and counting down

I just got certified July 20, doing my OW checkouts at Vortex.

We just ditched a timeshare deal in Myrtle Beach SC, that we got sucked into one Friday night whilst under the influence.:shakehead: Lost our deposit, however there is always a positive side.......

the weekend we had booked was this Voctoberfest weekend, so DH (Ian) has the Friday off. We'd love to come along as I need to practice my skills before diving at St. Maarten in Nov. I would also like to do an offshore dive to deal with currents and salt water etc. Want to do AOW next. DH has been forever certified but I've learned to live with it.

We are both Aussies and live in Tallahassee, but don't hold that against us! We love to party!:)

I dare say that there will be SEVERAL instructors at Vortoberfest IV who will be more than happy to work with you on your skills without charge.

Vortoberfest is kinda like 1967, "The Summer of Love". It's about ScubaBoarders getting together and SHARING.

der Keg-Meister

So, Shane . . .

. . . can you throw out any "teasers" at us ????

der K-eg Meister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom