Vortoberfest IV- 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Frank. I already have the same site reserved. :) I am thinking of looking at new tents though or getting a room in addition to the campsite. The tent we have right now is just too much trouble to set up.

RocketMan, I did get me a smaller light AND one that runs on electricity. :D

Jim, I'm bringing my cowboy hat this time. :wink:

Denise,

Can't wait to see you in your cowboy hat. I'll make sure to bring mine as well. :D

K,

By that time I will probably be living in San Diego full time, but I will fly home for this.

Jim!!! You're leaving me...ummmm I mean the South??? And this is how I find out????:shakehead:

Hey ya'll,

So what sites do you recommend for a family tent and a two man tent. Of course these days we can't do without electricity and water! Gone are the days when we used to travel light! We will be bringing our two kids (10 and 13) but they 'hide' during our 'adult time' when we go camping, lest their sweet souls be corrupted!:11:

Chris

Jim!!! You're leaving me...ummmm I mean the South??? And this is how I find out????:shakehead:

Denise,

So sorry... I am not leaving permanently, but I must perform duties, called work, for which they give me compensation, called money, that can then be exchanged for SCUBA trips and gear. In this case, I will be running a project for the navy that covers about 6 bases in San Diego. I think I am going to be diving a lot more on the west coast, so I just bought a Pinnacle Evo II from Edd (hasn't arrived yet :shakehead:).

I am NOT selling my house or relocating permanently, but I expect it will be 6 to 8 months in San Diego (all expenses paid, he he). There are a lot worse places to get assigned to run a project. So I will be traveling "home" as required to go dive in the Mill Pond and see family and friends. "Home" in this case, is where the heart is, and not necessarily where my house is.

I may travel to Destin this weekend even though Edd didn't get my suit in yet, and go dive at Marianna next weekend. It would be nice to go get wet at the jetties even if it is just for Saturday. I need to fly to Phoenix on Sunday :shakehead: for a project we are planning at Sky Harbor airport.

Talk to you soon. Dive safe.

Denise,

I am NOT selling my house or relocating permanently,

I may travel to Destin this weekend even though Edd didn't get my suit in yet, and go dive at Marianna next weekend. It would be nice to go get wet at the jetties even if it is just for Saturday.

Talk to you soon. Dive safe.

I suppose I can forgive you then, since it is not permanent and all.:wink:

I will be doing some shore diving at the Gulf somewhere August 9th, either in Pensacola or Orange Beach, then doing a boat dive on the 10th. I'm looking for buddies so if anyone is interested you are welcome to join. I have a thread going in the DDD trips section.:)

The offer still stands, JDM . . .

. . . but you'll probably have to relocate to the other side of the campsite. I need to set up my cauldron where you pitched your tent at Spring Spring-Fest.

the K

The offer still stands, JDM . . .

. . . but you'll probably have to relocate to the other side of the campsite. I need to set up my cauldron where you pitched your tent at Spring Spring-Fest.

the K

No problem, K. I'll just be happy to be there. Of course if a camper shows up and parks on the road again, that could affect my location too. :wink:

It looks like I am going to be attending the ASIS Convention in Atlanta in September. How far is that from you?

....camper shows up and parks on the road again, that could affect my location too. :wink:

Anyone know who that was?
I remember going to bed, waking up and there it was..., I never saw anyone come or go from that monstrosity. :confused:

Hey Squid hows thing's? As far as camp sites I think we have most of the same sites reserved for this. I have 10 again. Carolyn did you reserve 8-9? Jim I'll have plenty of room in my site if you want. I'm pretty sure that most all will be in the same spots.

Jaime

Hey ya'll,

So what sites do you recommend for a family tent and a two man tent. Of course these days we can't do without electricity and water! Gone are the days when we used to travel light! We will be bringing our two kids (10 and 13) but they 'hide' during our 'adult time' when we go camping, lest their sweet souls be corrupted!:11:

Chris

Try Outdoor Gear from Campmor - Clothing, Camping Equipment and More - Top Brands including North Face & Columbia Sportswear or Outdoor Gear & Outerwear | Sierra Trading Post - Save 35-70% on Famous Name Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom