Vortex This Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Rick and I will be at Vortex this weekend for training. Rick has the open water and I have the advanced and rescue classes.

We also have some great pleasure dives planned at both Vortex and Morrison.

I am in Grandview One and the charcoal will be lit at 6 pm. We have night divers so the evening will linger.

All are welcome to come and socialize and throw whatever you have on the grille.

Sticking local this weekend after diving the Oriskany last and having Vortoberfest next, but I hope you guys have a grand ole time at the GrandView :D

I'm about to go load tanks and head south. Will be in Grandview #1 - If you're there stop by and say hey. Charcoal goes on at 6...

Off subject kinda but does anyone know what they are doing to Vortex with all the pumping equipment? I was their on Friday diving and saw pumping tube like things. What's up did I miss something about them making it deeper or wider or something?

Many many years ago they dug the mudhole. Originally it was to have an underwater town over there. Then they decided to do a cave training facility. When the contract for the sale came to be the new owners insisted that the cave training facility be completed before the changing of hands. They are jumping through hoops to get the thing finished before first of the year. Eddie spent all weekend vacuuming the bottom.

I noticed that the spring pool itself was down about two feet. probably from them pulling water to the other hole.

Tom Smedley:
Many many years ago they dug the mudhole. Originally it was to have an underwater town over there. Then they decided to do a cave training facility. When the contract for the sale came to be the new owners insisted that the cave training facility be completed before the changing of hands. They are jumping through hoops to get the thing finished before first of the year. Eddie spent all weekend vacuuming the bottom.

I noticed that the spring pool itself was down about two feet. probably from them pulling water to the other hole.

Tom
I was told last weekend by a shop owner in Pensacola the spring (Vortex) sold and before long it will be closed for three years for renovation. Have you heard this scenario yet? There is so many different tails going around one doesn’t know what to believe anymore

According to Danny and Connie and Erica - the contract is a performance contract on both parts. Each has something to do to make it come true. Supposedly they will know for sure on October 13 and will make a public announcement shortly thereafter. Doc and Ruth are in south Florida and Connie and Danny are vacationing in Tennessee. Poor Erica is there by herself (with non-family staff of course) and evidently she will bear the brunt of the news.

I have heard several rumors and one that I think will be fact but I do not want to spread them until the Dockery family makes their official announcement. Everything should be out in the open by the Vortoberfest this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom