Volunteer Divers needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tchil01

Reaction score
For those of you in the Philadelphia area, the NJ State Aquarium is in need of Volunteer divers. Several people in our dive club volunteer and say that is is hard work but a lot of fun. You do three or four dives a day in the 20 fsw tank.

They do require a one year commitment of two 8 hour days per month. You also have to be over 18 and have at least 25 logged dives. If anyone is interested their web site is http://www.njaquarium.org/involved/volunteer.html .

Ty

I would love a position like this. Pity I am stuck down here.

Brandon

sounds like it would be a rewarding experience if you lived local and had the time.

I have been trying to volunteer at the NY Aquarium for some time now but the program never really got off the ground. I have some friends in NJ and I will see if I can get them interested.

You must also be a member....aka buy a yearly membership. This info I did not get from the web page. It was from one of the employees of the aquarium. That is unless you are a local Radio DJ that is just getting his OW and will be swimming with the sharks on 9/14

BTW.....ty....do you know if they supply air?

I filled out the online application. I'd happily take the 3 and a half hour drive a couple times a month to help out and dive in the aquarium.

Brandon,

The NC aquariums also want/need divers to dive their aquariums at Maneto, Fort Fisher and Atlantic Beach(Pine Knoles Shores).

I filled out the form about a month ago. I did a buddy dive with Sue K last year and loved it. I am ANXIOUS to give them my two days a month! I hope to hear soon...

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom