Virginia killings Moderation decisions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I hope politics will stay banned from this board.

dlndavid:
:sonic: Jep left about the same time as dherbman :33:
He still checks in. He was on last yesterday at 4:46 PM. :D Big Brotha is watching you! :D

ReefGuy:
God, I hope politics will stay banned from this board.
I don't think a politics forum on ScubaBoard is a very good idea either ... it'd just give the dittoheads another place to thump their chest and call everyone who disagrees with them names ... so far that's been the pattern in every thread that's gravitated to political discussion ... which is why they all got pulled.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yeah... I agree with the no politics rule. It's like dinner with the in-laws. We don't discuss politics or our business, and how we run it.

i've heard somewhere that if you don't want to lose friends or gain enemies don't talk about religion, sex, and politics. there is too much of it everywhere else so why clutter such a great place with potentially offensive stuff.

I don't think a political forum on ScubaBoard is a very good idea either. It would just give all the Al Frankenheads and Hillaryites another place to thump their chest and call everyone who disagrees with them bad names on the Board. That is why they all got pulled.

it'd just give the dittoheads another place to thump their chest

that's pretty political
you always seem to get your dig in, passive aggressively.

PF, you just had to say that?

catherine96821:
that's pretty political
you always seem to get your dig in.

Well, the dittoheads always get to call the dittoheads the same. Nothing new.

Politics can have a very broad definition... it's not just the left or the right, the two major political parties, or whatever. Politics can be as "simple" as allowing those who wave the flag excessively, without questioning government or social policies, to continue while those who question those policies are expunged. I have seen it on this board and on a few others I have been a part of.

However, I must say that SB has been the fairest of the boards I'm on in recognizing the need to squelch both those who support and those who question policies. It is VERY American to question one's government (in fact, it is a necessary act to be an American IMHO)... many of the founding fathers recognized that. It is one of our freedoms.

catherine96821:
that's pretty political
you always seem to get your dig in.
you know Catherine I think you are right, but don't tell him there are two sides to a coin :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom