Virginia killings Moderation decisions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walter:
Pete, I'm curious. Will the TOS be updated to indicate political discussions that are diving related are now allowed?
Walter, we have always allowed politically sensitive scuba related issues to be discussed. However, if they turn to the Dems vs the Pubs (partisan) or us against an entire nation, then we curtail that part of the discussion.

However, we have evolved much since our inception and I am sure we will continue to evolve! All commerce was once locked out of our system. Well, it was NEVER locked out, but we sure tried to keep it out! :D I believe it's our ability to adapt and to integrate that has been the KEY to our continued growth. Remember when we wouldn't allow a singles section??? Hopefully, your wounds have healed with no scars from that one. :D

Should we open up a "Politics" Forum in our NDR? Not today. Probably not tomorrow either. But stranger things have happened. As with any decision, we try to listen to the entire community: not just the LOUD parts of the community, but the entire community, including the Vocally inclined. Often times our experiments, like the Instructor2Instructor forum, become a jewel in our crown, and sometimes they merely crumble like Jep's Bridge. We have only three constants here: Scuba, Friends and Change.

Prohibiting the use or possession of lead would have prevented such senseless killings. It really is a dangerous element. Who needs it anyway?

NetDoc:
and sometimes they merely crumble like Jep's Bridge.

I thought the bridge was fun. :(

Pbthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

awap:
Prohibiting the use or possession of lead would have prevented such senseless killings. It really is a dangerous element. Who needs it anyway?

(OK, how many of you really get that???)

NetDoc:
After all, this IS ScubaBoard... not GunControlBoard or even AntiGunControlBoard.

Pete, what about Spear Gun Control? I think Spear Guns should be banned because they kill thousands of helpless critters just to feed the stomachs of a bunch of hunters! Just teasing... actually I have nothing against spear fishing done legally and wanted to add a touch of lightness to the subject. Back to your regular broadcast.

catherine96821:
yea...thats the problem. It's not what we are discussing but who we are discussing them with.

wish we had a seperate SB forum, like a backstreet alley we could duck into.

Yes NetDoc,
I too would like to have "Political" discussions with fellow divers, people with whom I share a common tie with. I have participated is some lively discussion with several other members of the board. While we do not agree on many things, I would still buy them a beer and would enjoy conversation with them, and would like to dive with them because for the most part, we have been civil and have exchanged our opinions.

Note: If Lead were banned, I'd smelt my own, tis my right.............:D

NetDoc:
sometimes they merely crumble like Jep's Bridge.
I don't think the bridge crumbled. It got more traffic than a lot of other forums that are still around. I wonder what ever happned to the main troll anyway. I haven't seen him around, unless I haven't been looking very hard.

NetDoc:
Walter, we have always allowed politically sensitive scuba related issues to be discussed. However, if they turn to the Dems vs the Pubs (partisan) or us against an entire nation, then we curtail that part of the discussion.

I do remember lots of changes over the years, most have been excellent. I have no problem with this new (to me) policy. I was surprised when I encountered a highly political topic and then discovered it was allowed even though the TOS clearly forbids it. I figured it was a new change and the TOS had not yet been modified to indicate the change.

I see a problem with not knowing what is or is not allowed when TOS often does not reflect exceptions. It causes confusion. I understand that rule now and am OK with it.

:sonic: Jep left about the same time as dherbman :33:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom