Violence in Yucatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since you're so afraid of coming to Mexico, then stay the hell out of Mexico.. it's that simple. and by the way, Matamoros is not 300+ miles from BrownsVILLE, Tx. it's less than 5 miles... maybe it's you who should learn to read maps, then start flaming other countries.

BrownWOOD is in central texas, BrownsVILLE is on the border. Two different towns.

BrownWOOD is in central texas, BrownsVILLE is on the border. Two different towns.
I get those two confused with Brownfield towards the dunes...

I get those two confused with Brownfield towards the dunes...

3 different towns! I guess it's not that Texans can't read a map, it's just that Texans aren't too creative! LOL!

3 different towns! I guess it's not that Texans can't read a map, it's just that Texans aren't too creative! LOL!
Well we were originally going to split up into a number of states that would have put them in East Texas, West Texas, and South Texas - but we also joined the Union under a treaty agreeing that we could leave the US if so desired. Not honored, but then the US had a bad record for treaties anyway - big surprise. All that after giving up land now known as Eastern New Mexico and part of Colorado.

But then, I remember when Southern California was the part below the border with Mexico and the water between it and the mainland was the Sea of Cortez. Names drift...

Since you're so afraid of coming to Mexico, then stay the hell out of Mexico.. it's that simple. and by the way, Matamoros is not 300+ miles from BrownsVILLE, Tx. it's less than 5 miles... maybe it's you who should learn to read maps, then start flaming other countries.

Hey Bro, maybe it is time to stop trying to make someone understand this is not Matamoros Tijuana or Hell......what I do not understand is that this person posts on Wreck dives in Cozumel that he has been talked out of doing the Coz wreck "every time"....point being that if he is so very much agaist this so very dangerous place even posts "...enjoy your trip to mexico...." obviously agaist it, but he comes to Coz and every time he has been talked out of diving the wreck.....?????:confused:I really dont get it, but I get even more confused cause the thread Wreck Dive in Coz was started by the "...mexico is mexico..." person, what is this?? when I have an opinion I stand strong by it, but I am not gonna insist it is so bad when I myself go there.....??? this thread has turned now about ...not being able to read maps, about mazatlan, tijuana, even about texas and how to divide it wowowow.
AGAIN, THERE IS VIOLENCE, BUT THE STATE OF QUINTANA ROO AND YUCATAN ARE SAFE FOR TOURISTS TO WALK AROUND AT ANY TIME 24/7 I ASURE YOU THERE ARE NO KILLING DIVE BOATS NOR MURDERING HOTELS, I RECOMMEND WE FOCUS ON THE MAIN THREAD OF THIS FORUM OR START NEW THREADS ABOUT WHATEVER......ANYWAY, WHY NOT INSTEAD OF TAKING THIS THREAD SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ALL GET SOME MORE DIVES DONE.
AND IF SOMEONE WANTS TO NOT EVER COME BACK AGAIN AND HAD BAD EXPERIENCES HERE OR IN YUCATAN THEMSELVES POST IT BUT DONT JUST POST AND THEN TURN AROUND AND POST ON YOUR EXPERIENCES IN COZUMEL PLEASE.....
ANYWAY, POINTING FINGERS AND WORDS LIKE "enjoy your trip to mexico" "MEXICO IS MEXICO" IS NOT GETTING ANYTHING SOLVED AND THERE IS NOT MUCH ANY OF US CAN DO AGAINST DRUG WARS, I HAVE VERY MANY CLIENTS AND FRIENDS THAT HAVE NO PROBLEM VISITING ME AND I WOULD WARN THEM OR EVEN LEAVE IF IT WAS AS IT IS BEEN TRIED TO APPEAR TO BE.....BUT ANYWAY......:D

Well we were originally going to split up into a number of states that would have put them in East Texas, West Texas, and South Texas - but we also joined the Union under a treaty agreeing that we could leave the US if so desired. Not honored, but then the US had a bad record for treaties anyway - big surprise. All that after giving up land now known as Eastern New Mexico and part of Colorado.

Yeesh, as far as the continental U.S. goes, Texas has got to be the only state that still refers itself as it's own entity that's just part of the union. Meaning, if a texan says "we" to even a foreigner, they are probably referring to ONLY Texas and not the United States. LOL. My Texan friends are also the only ones that cheer and whoop at just the name of their state! lol.

Yeesh, as far as the continental U.S. goes, Texas has got to be the only state that still refers itself as it's own entity that's just part of the union. Meaning, if a texan says "we" to even a foreigner, they are probably referring to ONLY Texas and not the United States. LOL. My Texan friends are also the only ones that cheer and whoop at just the name of their state! lol.
Yep, well - look at our history. Only one that entered as a sovereign nation other than Hawaii - and they were invaded. But what were talking about? Mexico...?

No guns allowed on tourists, only the cops & criminals are allowed guns, so stick to the safer areas. :thumb:

Enjoy your trip to Mexico.....

Thank-You, I will!!! 11 glorious days in PDC and Coz, and I'll feel safer there than in MANY places in the United States.

BTW 2007 facts:
Mexico: 13,144 total murders, 2,606 Murders commited using firearms
United States: 16,204 total murders, 9,369 Murders committed using firearms

(Source: nationmaster.com , see I can quote a source, not just pull wild numbers off of a talk show and quote it as fact cuz Rush said so)

So tell me again which country has more murders?
So tell me again which country has a problem with firearms?

Maybe he that is without sin should cast the first stone.

Thank-You, I will!!! 11 glorious days in PDC and Coz, and I'll feel safer there than in MANY places in the United States.

BTW 2007 facts:
Mexico: 13,144 total murders, 2,606 Murders commited using firearms
United States: 16,204 total murders, 9,369 Murders committed using firearms

(Source: nationmaster.com , see I can quote a source, not just pull wild numbers off of a talk show and quote it as fact cuz Rush said so)

So tell me again which country has more murders?
So tell me again which country has a problem with firearms?

Maybe he that is without sin should cast the first stone.

Um...except that the U.S. has 3-3½ times the population. And the firearms problem.. as far as crimes committed with firearms percentage wise, we about even out considering population. However, there are more people with firearms in the U.S. So now if you take the percentages of people who have access to guns and compare it to people who commit firearms crimes, the U.S. is lower.

And the firearms problem.. as far as crimes committed with firearms percentage wise, we about even out considering population. However, there are more people with firearms in the U.S. So now if you take the percentages of people who have access to guns and compare it to people who commit firearms crimes, the U.S. is lower.

WOW, this is the untimate spurious argument, comparing murders per firearm rates when 1 country allows legal firearm posession, and in the other firearms are owned by criminals.

The fact is the both countries have a problem and for Americans to get on their holy high horse to cast judgement on Mexicans when our house is so out of whack is shameful to me. When I was in Japan in July I had an interesting conversation about violent crime with one of my hosts, in his view both America and Mexico are so totally barbaric for our violence that he will not set foot in either, so let's argue some more about who is less barbaric...... :no:

Lastly let's not forget who funds and arms the criminal element in Mexico, America, our easy access to firearms and druggies gives America dirty hands in this business.

I travel to Mexico all the time, even traveling to TJ for work 1-2 times a month, just as I would in East LA, Chicago or Detroit I practice situational awareness, know where to travel, know when to travel (2:00am is asking for trouble in any country except Japan or Norway), leave the BMW at home and drive the Focus and so on. In the Yucatan as long as you leave your drug problem at home you have nothing to fear from violence, if you don't leave your drug problem at home, well I hope you get what you deserve.

So I'll say it again, he that is without sin should cast the first stone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom