Vintage Double Hose Reg - Seahorse - Anyone ever seen one of these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So it might be worth my while to dig throught the garage. Anyone care to speculate on value? Assuming good condition.

Anyone know how I might get a cylinder to go with it? Might be worth more that way.

Thalassamania:
So it might be worth my while to dig throught the garage. Anyone care to speculate on value? Assuming good condition.

Anyone know how I might get a cylinder to go with it? Might be worth more that way.
Try one of the Survivair tanks. You can probably make an adapter for it, if nothing else.

Contact the Historical Diving Socitey at

http://www.hds.org/

They may have a lot more info on it and can put you in touch with collectors.

Pete J

divepa:
Will do. Is this more rare than the DA aquamasters?
Very much. DA's are fairly common. I've never seen a Seahorse in anything but a photo.

Last October, a seller on eBay put up a Sea Horse regulator attached to the appropriate U.S. GOVT marked 1943 Walter Kiddie twin cylinders and olive drab canvas harness (all in apparently good condition), along with a pair of iron boots and a pair of Nemrod flippers for a Buy It Now of $450 under WWll Field Gear. It did not sell, so he put the items back up for auction under Vintage SCUBA Gear starting at $400 and it ended up selling for $471.55. That is the only Sea Horse regulator I have seen on eBay.

duckbill:
Last October, a seller on eBay put up a Sea Horse regulator attached to the appropriate U.S. GOVT marked 1943 Walter Kiddie twin cylinders and olive drab canvas harness (all in apparently good condition), along with a pair of iron boots and a pair of Nemrod flippers for a Buy It Now of $450 under WWll Field Gear. It did not sell, so he put the items back up for auction under Vintage SCUBA Gear starting at $400 and it ended up selling for $471.55. That is the only Sea Horse regulator I have seen on eBay.
That seems almost absurdly cheap. I've seen Aquamasters climb into that range.

Creed:
That seems almost absurdly cheap. I've seen Aquamasters climb into that range.

Obviously it went under the radar of some collectors.

If you want I can put you in touch with a buddy who is a collector. Set a price and see what happends.

divepa:
Will do. Is this more rare than the DA aquamasters?

It is fairly well accepted that the DA Aqua Master is the most common double hose regulator ever made. I can not even guess how many thousands (or tens of thousands... etc.) they made. I have no idea.

My guess (this is only a guess) is that the only regulators that may be more abundant are the Conshelf and maybe the Scubapro Mk5.

If anyone actually has some real numbers; we would all like to know?

The problem is that many DA's are still stored away in attics, many have ended up in land fills and who knows how many the Navy had. I don't even what to think how many have ended up in land fills already (before the Internet).

Back
Top Bottom