Vintage Double Hose Reg - Seahorse - Anyone ever seen one of these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba:
I sold a DA Aqua master on Ebay for $910.00 about 6 years ago. That one you have is rare!

REALLY?!?!?

Wow that's a real premium. I bought my 1st double hose last year. From what I've seen lately, DA's usually go from about $250 down to $100.

The SeaHorse went for $850. I was pretty happy with that. Thanks for all the input. I just bought out another dive shop that was in business for around 40 years and he had alot of vintage stuff...

Thanks!

Mike

Thalassamania:
This set of 38's is the real deal, twin aviators tanks set up with USD manifold. These tanks have been zinc metallized, probably by San Diego Sandblasting. I've had them do several of mine. Back in the day, I dived out of San Diego and this type of rig was preferred by many of the old timers and should fit well with the Sea Horse but an oxygen valve (540) and adapter or manifold would be needed. The same seller has a second set for sale but I can't make out the details of the pic. Occasionally, original, green painted tanks show up in estate sales/EBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-twin-38...4QQihZ005QQcategoryZ74003QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

Right after 9-11 the ebay sales of double hose regs were extremely depressed, some very decent ones (as new, still in box) going in the $75 - $125 range.
Good to see the market getting back up there again, I have a mint la Spirotechnique Royal Mistral w/FFM waiting to get listed.
laspiro.jpg

Erm Bob, mind PMing me an asking price?

:D

Put it on ebay... The market is HOT! There is not much out there and collectors are ready for a nice, hi quality piece like that!!!

Hi All!
I recently came across this and was hoping for some insight from the vintage gear experts!
This thread from 17 years ago is the only thing I could find anywhere on the web with any real reference to this so I figured I would revive an old thread and its previous comments.
So… what history can anyone enlighten me/us with this set up? Rare? Value (historical or $$)? I do have and can additional pictures if needed.
Thanks and happy Veteran’s Day!

Attachments

• IMG_5413.jpeg
    IMG_5413.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5426.jpeg
    IMG_5426.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5424.jpeg
    IMG_5424.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5417.jpeg
    IMG_5417.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 44
Hey guys. I ran across this old reg. I have had alot of the DA Aqua masters, etc... but have never ran across one of these. Any of you guys ever see this before? How old is this compared to the aqualung Da's, etc?

Here is the link to the pics... www.divebusiness.com/seahorse.htm

Thanks,

Mike
Greetings, Mike. I tried to find your ‘Seahorse’ pic with no luck. You can attach a ‘file’
(pic) by choosing bottom left ‘(paperclip) symbol’ Attach files & clicking on it. ….or is this just a ‘Sales Pitch’ ?? ( just trying to help ) I am familiar w/Seahorse reg. Check w/Rob at The Scuba Museum or Alec Pierce SCUBA. ….Truly a ‘collectible’.🙂🤿

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom