Vintage Double Hose Reg - Seahorse - Anyone ever seen one of these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divepa

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys. I ran across this old reg. I have had alot of the DA Aqua masters, etc... but have never ran across one of these. Any of you guys ever see this before? How old is this compared to the aqualung Da's, etc?

Here is the link to the pics... www.divebusiness.com/seahorse.htm

Thanks,

Mike

Yes, I've got one somewhere. My Dad bouught in about 1956. It was wierd in that it did not attach to a regular cylider, I never did find out what kind of cylider was required.

divepa:
Are these things more rare than the DA Aquamasters?

Yes, in the same light that a Ferrari compares to a Ford F150. It is rare, and would sell for a pricey sum to an interested collector.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine and collector of vintage gear

divepa:
Hey guys. I ran across this old reg. I have had alot of the DA Aqua masters, etc... but have never ran across one of these. Any of you guys ever see this before? How old is this compared to the aqualung Da's, etc?

Here is the link to the pics... www.divebusiness.com/seahorse.htm

Thanks,

Mike

Looking at the photos it looks like the fitting is either a CGA540 or a CGA346. It probably isn't the CGA540 because that is for large oxygen tanks. Take it to a welding supply store and they might be able to identify the fitting.

From www.vintagescubasupply.com:
'Diving Industries "Sea Horse" Diving Lung. This regulator dates to the mid-1950's, and was made from a converted military oxygen diluter demand regulator. The original diaphragm was coated with a latex rubber to make it waterproof. The hose assembly was probably manufactured by Supreme Divers of Canada. The regulator attached to a standard oxygen valve with a "B" nut, as used on all other oxygen regulators. The regulator alone cost $32.50 in 1956, and a complete unit, with tank and harness, sold for $69.00. These units were sold out of Pittsburgh, PA, and were only on the market for a few years.'

Is it for sale?

I sold a DA Aqua master on Ebay for $910.00 about 6 years ago. That one you have is rare!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom