Viking Bayonet Rings on Whites SLT wrists

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arod15

Registered
Reaction score
Just bought a whites fusion with SLT silicone wrists that I'll be receiving soon. I also already have a set of viking bayonet rings from my previous suit. It seems like it would be really bulky, if its even possible, to add the viking rings (SLT wrist ring and viking ring side by side). I remember reading that someone was able to use the viking ring inside of the SLT ring, but I was not too sure of how to do it. It might make more sense once I get the suit here and try it out for myself. But in the mean time, does anyone have experience with using the 2 together? If so can you explain how its done, maybe even post pictures? Or is it even possible to just slip an atlas glove over the slt ring? Doesnt seem like it would be a tight enough seal since there is no latex. Thanks!

I have the silicone seals and wrist rings. You really cannot add the Viking bayonet rings to the seal with that system -- it's unmanageable.

What you CAN do is remove the inner ring of the SLT system. Put the silicone seal over the outer Viking ring (the one with the tabs on it) as though it were the inner ring from the SLT system, and insert it. This works well with the silicone seals, because they have a "bead" on the edge of them, and they are thick. It does NOT work AT ALL with latex seals. If you are using latex seals, you are stuck with wet gloves at this point, as far as I can tell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom