Video: Epic dive to Breakwater Barge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a relatively new diver, my SAC rate is all over the place. I don't have the equipment to see it instantly, but I calculate it for the whole dive when I can. I've calculated anything from .5 to 2.5, but typically it runs .7-.9 unless I get uncomfortable for some reason. I make up for the poor SAC rate by diving HP130s. :)

That's more than enough to get there and back. For incremental RMV/SAC rates, I note my depth, time and PSI at various obvious waypoints throughout the dive on my wrist slate, then average the depth if I'm swimming between points of varying depths, or use a constant depth if I'm just idling around a single point (like the barge), calculating SAC and RMV for each increment. This is very useful to find out what your resting, idling, easy, moderate and heavy work rate SACs are as well as the effect of visibility, gear, buddies/solo etc. For the overall dive it helps if your computer does average depths, because using max. depth for your calculation will understate your SAC/RMV.

Guy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom