Video Cozumel April 2018 with Tres Pelicanos (3P’s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At 1:42. the two divers have regs with yellow hoses in their mouths. One of the two diver's reg has a yellow front and looks like his normal second stage is stowed. What's going on in this segment?
Ha! You caught me. We dive primary donate with bungeed backup. That trip my necklace was lost and I didn’t have the right bungee to tie another. So for the last few days I just tucked my alternate into a holder I had in my save a dive kit.

Thanks! Look forward to seeing your video (again). Unfortunately, editing is very time consuming. For this video we used GoPro cameras, BackScatter Flip6 filter systems and two handle trays with inexpensive lights. About 75% was shot with a GoPro-4 and the remainder with a GoPro-6. Bought some VL4000P lights recently and used them in Grand Cayman. Very nice lights and we got a screaming deal on them, but the price has jumped back up.
I have a Hero 4-Silver and Backscatter 3.1 (I think). The one with two lenses (one side, one top). I think I just used the 5-20ft. shallow lens for most footage. It's interesting to see just how different the vids turn out, even mid-dive, as it changes from sunny to overcast above, and of course depth being the main factor. The shallower dives (under 40ft.) and sunny out, the video is awesome, detailed, colorful, beautiful. Being just your basic touristy hand stick and the high currents made some parts very shaky of course. Plus they were so bad on Santa Rosa Wall that you were basically "flying" by everything, and interesting stuff was just passing too quick to get good vid.

I guess I'm just use to the Keys where currents are almost non-existent in most of my dives, plus lots of shallow beautiful reef. Except the Spiegel Grove wreck, which almost swept two of the divers away, lol. That wasn't fun.

A dive light is my next Scuba gear purchase. The VL4000P runs around $360? How much did you pay, may I ask?

Were you using the Backscatter filters with the tray lights or separately?

Up till now we ALWAYS use the BackScatter 20-50 feet filter in conjunction with the lights, even at night. Now that we have the 4000 lumen BigBlue lights I plan on experimenting without the filter.

I have a Hero 4-Silver and Backscatter 3.1 (I think). The one with two lenses (one side, one top). I think I just used the 5-20ft. shallow lens for most footage. It's interesting to see just how different the vids turn out, even mid-dive, as it changes from sunny to overcast above, and of course depth being the main factor. The shallower dives (under 40ft.) and sunny out, the video is awesome, detailed, colorful, beautiful. Being just your basic touristy hand stick and the high currents made some parts very shaky of course. Plus they were so bad on Santa Rosa Wall that you were basically "flying" by everything, and interesting stuff was just passing too quick to get good vid.

I guess I'm just use to the Keys where currents are almost non-existent in most of my dives, plus lots of shallow beautiful reef. Except the Spiegel Grove wreck, which almost swept two of the divers away, lol. That wasn't fun.

A dive light is my next Scuba gear purchase. The VL4000P runs around $360? How much did you pay, may I ask?

It was a bit of a fluke. We actually ordered two BigBlue VL3500P lights at $270 each and we were sent two VL4000P instead at no additional cost. Very nice surprise.

One thing the Keys does have is some wicked surge! Our first OW dives were down there. It was like “there’s a fish!” then it would disappear then “there’s another fish!”, but it was the same fish sloshing around in the soup.

It was a bit of a fluke. We actually ordered two BigBlue VL3500P lights at $270 each and we were sent two VL4000P instead at not additional cost. Very nice surprise.
Here is the link. LP is known for sending out the new model at the old price for many things. Of course can’t make any guarantees it will happen again.

Bigblue VL3500P, 3500 Lumens LED Video Light

Have you entered any videos in the Museo de la Isla's Underwater Video Contest? It is free to enter, and has over 200 prizes.

Cartel Concurso Videos final.jpg

Thanks! Not yet, but I am reminded often to do just that by my dive buddy. Between this video and especially the footage from our February trip we have several to choose from. Fingers crossed.

@Soloist Do it do it!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::)

With some “encouragement“ from @uncfnp we submitted numerous 30 second clips from our February and April Cozumel trips last year to the Museum’s Underwater Video Contest. The Feeding Yellowhead Jawfish won a fifth place!

Great video reef looks beautiful

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom