Tres Pelicanos Rock!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

islanddream

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Every year we go to Cozumel to dive the beautiful reefs and enjoy the friendly people of Coz. This year four of us did our annual trek to Coz on October 19-27, 2018. Our airfare on Southwest out of Ft. Lauderdale to Cancun was around $250 RT per person. The ADO bus from the Cancun airport to Playa Del Carmen and the ferry to Coz was about $25 per person one-way; $50 round trip. Because we went in off-season, we never had to wait in line for the bus or the ferry. The bag-drag is really easy and saved us a lot of money. Round trip airfare from Ft. Lauderdale to Cozumel is around $850 dollars per person...no thank you! We stayed in the same condo we did last year at the El Cantil and loved it. It's right across the street from Chedraui which made getting groceries a breeze.

This was our first time diving with Tres Pelicanos. It seemed like old home week since a number of staff came from the Blue Angel. This was the BEST Cozumel vacation we've had and much of it was due to the 3 P's. First of all, Jeanie is an amazing woman! Setting up our dive reservations was easy and she answered my emails almost instantly. We had a couple of changes and she was great at accommodating them. We were picked up at our condo every morning either by Jeanie, Steve (owner), or Pony and taken to the caleta to get on the Skinny Shark (dive boat). After diving we were taken back to our condo. We could leave whatever we wanted on the boat and the gear would be clean and on the boat the next day. The boat is awesome! It holds about 10 divers (that includes the dive master and Steve) and is extremely wide and roomy and very fast! The ride is comfortable and not jarring like so many other boats we've been on. Fresh fruit and cake/cookies were offered every day during the surface interval, and there was always plenty of fresh water. We had Jorge as our dive master every day and truly enjoyed his relaxed style. We've known Jorge for a number of years and he knows us and our diving style. We don't need babysitting and he lets us do our own thing. It was really fun getting to know Steve. He's kind of the life of the party on the dive boat! He's friendly, funny, and a really nice guy. We got to dive with him almost every day. Other divers on the boat were regulars at 3 P's and they, too, used to dive with the Blue Angel....that's why some of them looked familiar to us. We didn't have any newbies on our boat, and I think 3P's tries to put divers with the same abilities together on their boats. I won't go into the reefs we dived since many people on ScubaBoard have created threads that discuss them. I will say that this is the first time we've dived with almost NO current at all. It was really fun to be able to poke around on Tunich and Cedral since we normally are flying over those reefs due to a swift current!

On a different note....Jeanie is very involved with Cozumel Sea Turtle Conservation. One afternoon two of us joined Jeanie to excavate two nests (east side of the island) that had hatched out and to record the statistics of the nest. We also got to see a nest erupt and the hatchlings make their run to the sea. If you are ever in Cozumel during nesting season (June-November) and want to have an awesome experience learning about sea turtles, please contact Jeanie. She can give you lots of information about the activities going on during certain times of the nesting season that you can be a part of. You'll have a greater appreciation for sea turtles and understand why we have to protect them.

If you want a truly wonderful dive vacation, then make sure to head to Cozumel and dive with Tres Pelicanos. You won't be disappointed and you'll be ready to book your next vacation with the 3P's!

So glad to hear you had such a great dive trip with Tres Pelicanos :) Next time we need to coordinate our schedules!

So glad to hear you had such a great dive trip with Tres Pelicanos :) Next time we need to coordinate our schedules!
What fun that would be!!!!! We'll go next October about the same time. It's a great time to go because the crowds aren't there, the water is warm, and the seas are calm. Nice!

I can't wait to be diving with 3P's again... 20 days from today my wife and I will be wet for 2 weeks and the "X-mas crew" of 3P's divers will start filtering in again. Our little X-mas crew of divers met on the Skinny Shark 4 years ago and we had such a great time together and with the 3P's staff we've all pretty much booked the same X-mas visit every year since.

3P's is a great dive op. All those who have been diving with 3P's know that. The sense of "family" is strong. Being 3P's divers we do think of ourselves as members of a big family. We dive with 3P's once a year while others enjoy multiple dive vacations per year. Some who are retired and spend the entire winter on Coz have the luxury of diving with 3P's at their leisure all winter long.

In my opinion, one can start a great dive op and employ the best people on the island with years of experience but that doesn't necessarily make a great dive op. What makes a great dive op is the quality and friendliness of fellow divers you meet on the boat and dive with be they first timers or repeat divers. Of course, there will be a wild card on the boat from time to time and what do they say, "There's an A-hole on every boat and if ya can't tell who it is it may be you".

Lots of people are booked for X-mas with 3P's and we are looking forward to making new friends. Maybe the repeat "X-mas crew" will grow larger as more cool people experience this X-mas, make new friends and decide this is where they want to be X-mas 2019.

Heading to Coz November 29. Tres Peliícanos is the best. Not only have many Blue Angel staff migrated to TP but many many divers including me have bailed on it. I dived there for about 5 years. BA has gone way downhill. They even gave up their best boat the Chiqimax. The property is lovely but far from town. TP Hotel Dive packages make it a great value.

I just returned from a two week trip and again used Tres Pelicanos. Perhaps the Best Dive Operation in Cozumel. Edgar was our guide and he is very hard to beat. The worst that can happen is people keep getting on this Board and blowing the "How Great Tres Pelicanos is Horn" and I have trouble in the future because there all booked up. One Great Dive Operation to say the least.
Commercial Diver..jpg
Oh, and Steve wants to be a Commercial Diver.

I just returned from a two week trip and again used Tres Pelicanos. Perhaps the Best Dive Operation in Cozumel. Edgar was our guide and he is very hard to beat. The worst that can happen is people keep getting on this Board and blowing the "How Great Tres Pelicanos is Horn" and I have trouble in the future because there all booked up. One Great Dive Operation to say the least. View attachment 490744 Oh, and Steve wants to be a Commercial Diver.
There is a certain way I can tell that isn't Steve.

Back
Top Bottom