Very Sad!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be down with my wife and son diving in October-in Key Largo the 11th-13th. We will be going with Tavernier Dive Center. We would be delighted to go with you! There is no such thing as a bad dive!

I think most everyone here is absolutely right. We were all beginning divers at one point. I remember having exactly the same feelings you did, especially becuase I was diving with considerably more advanced divers. The upside of diving with more advanced divers is that once you get past feeling akward and worried that you'll slow them down, you learn a lot from them. Just be honest about your being a beginner. It's amazing how much good advice and help you will get!

Where in FL are you? It might help to dive with the dive operators who are more geared toward newer divers. That will probably help your comfort level (dive guide in the water with your group, for example) a little bit, too. Most of the dive charters in south Florida that I have been with run at least one boat a day during the week, so just becuase you aren't off on the weekends you don't have to give up diving. And mid-week diving is usually nice becuase the boat isn't as crowded!

You haven't wasted your time ad money certifying.... you're just getting started on your adventures!

first go diving most divers will understand and the ones that done heck with them , even after many years of diving there allways something in spot or location you can learn sometime its fun just to relax and enjoy the dive
they will understand as many others stated the dive master will put you with somone of same experence so go diving

My first post training dive was in the Keys and my first buddy (didn't know her at all) was very gracious in helping me out. Also very patient in instructing me to the etiquite <SP> of boat diving.......................

Thank you guys. I have gotton a lot of offers to go diving with people and will probably take you up on them. I live in Jacksonville which is up north and all the boats around here only go out on fri, sat, and sun. I could drive down south and it wouldn't be too difficult. Thanks again for the offers and support.

Jessica

You don't mention what part of FL you're in, but if it's the upper Keys then check out Blue Water Divers at mm 100 (by the Holiday Inn). They are helpful and friendly, keep the diver count low so the boat is never crowded, and will work with you! They can team you with a buddy and visit a shallower dive site so you get a long dive within your experience level.

Enjoy!

Don't wait for weekends, or the perfect opportunity. Go diving anytime you can. I've met several divers through the boards, and have gone with them at everything from planned outings to spur of the moment after work beach dives. The important thing is to stay wet and have fun!

Jessica,

Also check out e-divers; it's a Florida based message board that is kind of like a dive club. Groups of people get together to dive nearly every weekend, both beach and boat diving.

Good luck and have fun!

Chris

Keep taking more classes. IT will give you more diving time plus you will keep learning more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom