Very Nice Day at Joe's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackstown Reef

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Arrived about 11:00 and thought that I was going to have the place to myself. As I was gearing up 2 other groups came in.
Dropped into the 60 something water and the vis was great, all the way to the bottom ( temp dropped to about 49 on the bottom) It was great having a nice sunny day for the SI and I made a second dive to finish off my tank.
The bass were inquisitive and the KY Piranah were not very aggressive today :D

Land Locked and I dove Joe's today and he snapped this pic of one of the famed Kentucky Piranha circling me looking for ears. :11: Oh the terror!

lookingforears.jpg

Good pciture :wink:

How was vis today?

Vis doesn't look bad......

The vis was about 2 ft here yesterday due to the heavy rains last week. That was the worst vis that I have seen locally.

It was a pretty good day, bright and sunny. Vis was 20' to 30' depending on location and depth. There were only a few divers out so there was little scatter in the water. I recorded 43 degrees on the NE wall over at the wooden sail boat at 35'. A little chilly since I only opted for a t-shirt under the dry suit. :D

Good pciture :wink:

How was vis today?

Vis doesn't look bad......

The vis was about 2 ft here yesterday due to the heavy rains last week. That was the worst vis that I have seen locally.

Well John, you don't look like you are flailing around with those doubles. Everything looks good!!

Chris, will you ever put on something more than a T? :D

WT, When Jim and I did BS a couple weeks ago the viz was horrible. We lost each other twice in a 54 minute dive. We weren't but 8-10' away but that was enough. Good thing that we both took our lights.

Well John, you don't look like you are flailing around with those doubles. Everything looks good!!

Chris, will you ever put on something more than a T? :D

WT, When Jim and I did BS a couple weeks ago the viz was horrible. We lost each other twice in a 54 minute dive. We weren't but 8-10' away but that was enough. Good thing that we both took our lights.

When aren't you lost??? :lotsalove:

Ever look under my alias?

Ever look under my alias?

I try not to look under anything you have Wally!!! :rofl3:

You want to hear about my blonde moment from yesterday?? :blinking:

If you have to ask you don't need to know. :D

Back
Top Bottom